Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst, Tech & Product
at Live Nation
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for working with the Tech & Product Group, partnering with the Business Leaders, to help them understand and manage their budgets. This will include being the Business Partner for one or more Business Unit Leaders and preparing their monthly reporting packs. This individual will own finance related tasks and will be responsible for providing both high level and detailed analysis of the P&L and Capital spend. This person will also assist in providing monthly forecast projections and the execution and deployment of annual budgets.
What the job is:
- Manage and deliver monthly performance packages for Tech & Product Business Unit Leaders
- Work with Business Unit Leaders to help them manage their budgets and financial goals
- Track actuals to budget and prepare detailed variance analysis, identifying significant variances and informing business leaders accordingly
- Monthly Close – Help facilitate a timely and accurate month-end close working closely with the Accounting department, assist with preparing of journal entries, coding of invoices and approval process
- Budgeting and Forecasting – assist in both annual budgeting and periodic forecasting, preparing both high-level and detailed schedules
- Headcount Planning – prepare weekly/monthly headcount reports for Tech Leads
- Partner with business leaders to ensure constant and effective communication; identify issues and present solutions
- Additional responsibilities include: accounts payable support, internal audit requests, ad hoc analysis and projects
Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 2-3 years of work experience within Public Practice
- Financial Planning and Analysis experience a plus
- Technology Company experience ideal but not required
- Must be proactive, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships and communicate effectively with all Business Unit Leaders and Finance Business Partners
- Excellent people management, leadership and development skills coupled with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, quickly adapting to changing priorities and handling multiple projects
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Excel (create formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and Power Point
- Knowledge of Oracle/BPC a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.