Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer III, Data
at Live Nation
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
The fan experience is constantly evolving. People don’t go to concerts just to hear their favorite artists play their favorite songs. They go to fully immerse themselves in a truly unique “moment in time” experience; one that will never be repeated again. At Ticketmaster and Live Nation, we are charged with helping create that experience, making it memorable to each and every fan in its own unique way. We do this, first and foremost, by making every effort to understand our fans. Because once we understand our fans, we can help personalize their experiences. As the Data Services team, it is our mission to help provide the best fan experience possible by getting to know who our fans are and how they go about their Ticketmaster and Live Nation journey, always on the lookout for ways to improve it.
As a Data Engineer within this Data Services team, your primary directive will be to acquire new data sets into the larger Ticketmaster and Live Nation data ecosystem by building and maintaining new integrations with various source applications and data providers. Data Services Engineering is currently growing and modernizing our real time data streaming technology capabilities. As the team begins to onboard both new data sources, new streaming data tech and data consumers, framework development will be a critical piece to our success and drive the confidence level in all data in our ecosystem. In order to efficiently democratize data within the larger organization, the development of a framework to allow for rapidly repeating processes will be the key to delivering quality data at scale.
What the job is:
- Work as part of the data engineering team to acquire and integrate new data sources into the larger data ecosystem
- Develop batch data ingestion processes using a traditional ETL tool such as Talend as well as develop real-time data ingestion processes using a streaming component such as Kafka
- Assist in defining, building, and documenting data models
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation, and scalability
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
- Work closely with Product Management, Program Management, QA, and business stakeholders while designing, building, and launching data integrations.
Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Knowledge of modern data architecture, data warehousing and modeling, and analytical data platform technologies
- Experience developing ETL workflows in the following technologies: Talend, StreamSets, and Snowpipe
- Experience developing modern data architectures on AWS
- Experience developing on Snowflake/Redshift.
- Experience with SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
- Capability to perform performance analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation
- Ability to keep up with a fast-changing dynamic business
- Ability to understand customer needs and drive impactful business outcomes
- Aptitude for prototyping and learning new technologies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.