Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LIFERAY INC.
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
About You and this Role
You love the ability to work on a diverse set of applications that are all interconnected. You thrive in a team environment and believe that software development is a team sport. Our development team works on so many solutions it can be dizzying but with every feature shipped and bug squashed we empower our employees and customers to do amazing things.
- Help build and maintain a diverse set of applications that supports Liferay DXP.
- Maintain data that helps our internal teams to gain insights on how to best serve our customers.
- Analyze requirements from our stakeholders and provide guidance for solutions.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a BS/BA in Computer Science or 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Java or similar languages.
- Proficient at writing SQL for MySQL or similar database.
- Ability to develop and maintain a large set of applications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Linux and Bash.
- Experience with Git or similar VCS.
- Experience with Tomcat, NGINX, and RabbitMQ.
- Experience working within the Scrum framework.