Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Director of Concessions is responsible for effectively and profitably managing and directing all day to day aspects of the concessions and warehouse operations. This position reports to the property General Manager.
- Responsible for operational budget, manage monthly P&L statements and ensuring that all financial reporting is accurate and are completed in a timely fashion to meet all deadlines.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentorship to a staff responsible for executing the concessions team business plan.
- Sustain cost as it pertains to labor and operating supplies, work within budgeted guidelines.
- Provide efficient service and quality products by maintaining positive customer and client relations through effective communication and prudent financial practices.
- Accountability for establishing and maintaining proper safety and sanitation procedures as well as ensuring proper repair and maintenance of food service equipment; create a working relationship with local health officials.
- Ensure unit compliance with federal, state, local, and Legends regulations regarding sale of alcohol.
- Maintain management staff and ensure proper hiring and promoting of associates per Legends standards in a union environment.
- Work closely with multiple sub-contractors to ensure all needs are met, and terms of the contract are followed.
- Preserving existing programs and be creative in developing new concepts to ensure the highest possible quality of food service.
- Oversee monthly inventory for concessions operations and develop yearly operational budgets.
- Work with the Customer Service Manager to maintain effective programs to ensure excellent customer service during all events.
- Monitor staff performance as it relates to speed of service and guest relations.
- Work with analytic team to analyze sales as well as sales mix.
- Assist General Manager in working with client on any Food & Beverage sponsorships.
- Establish a strong relationship with clients to resolve outstanding issues and work with them in planning of events.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-7 years’ management experience in the high volume food-service industry, preferably in concessions environment for a sports and entertainment venue.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Experience working in both union and non-union environment is preferred.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to communicate with employees, vendors, client representatives and guests in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be flexible to work extend hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of accounting policy and procedures and POS Systems is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.