LEGACY Supply Chain Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LEGACY Supply Chain Services
LEGACY Supply Chain Services, a leading distribution, technology, and integrated logistics provider has been recognized by Inbound Logistics as a Top 100 3PL Provider and by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America.
The primary functions of this position will to move trailers in and out of dock doors as necessary. This position offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with generous company match.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The individual performing this job function is empowered with adequate authority to exercise the required duties and responsibilities of the position to insure that all work performed meets or exceeds LEGACY SCS standards for safety, quality, productivity, and conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize Work load
- Performs inspection of vehicle prior to and after operation
- Moves trailers in and out of dock as directed by management.
- Chocking trailers as they are spotted for loading and unloading , the placement of nose supports for 28 ft trailers when spotted at dock doors
- Orderly maintaining of the yard
- Inspection of trailers prior to loading
- Will be responsible for inputting data into a Yard Management System.
- Maintain a Level of Service within a 2 hour turn around
- Ensure cleanliness of work area is maintained
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met
- Cross training as required
COMMUNICATION & OFFICE SKILLS:
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively. The ability to operate office machinery is required, as well as to effectively operate on the computer systems and all required customer systems as well necessary personal computer programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed Forklift Operator in Pro-pane Counterbalance, Pro-pane Exchange and Electric
- Ability to operate a Yard Truck in extreme tight quarters
- Driving school and or safety certifications preferred
- Experience within a Warehouse/Distribution Environment
- Knowledge of safety practices necessary to perform preoperational inspections of lift trucks
- Ability to work under time constraints while still recognizing the importance of inventory accuracy
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to communicate with Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Ability to physically lift 50lbs
- Ability to read understand sku’s and product
- Willingness to be cross trained
- Strong customer service orientation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand sometimes in excess of 7 hours and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may periodically lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This is a 3/12 weekend shift 5am to 5:30pm
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A majority of work time is spent outside in the elements where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally).
LEGACY Supply Chain Services recognizes and values the diversity of its teammates, customers and business partners. EOE/M/F/D/V