Latham & Watkins LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Tax Analyst
at Latham & Watkins LLP
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join our winning team, located in our Global Services Office in downtown Los Angeles. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Senior Tax Analyst will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Senior Tax Analyst at Latham, you will be responsible for acting as a lead tax specialist for the firm with regards to preparing income tax return schedules, tax compliance, tax procedures, and tax research projects. You will assist the Tax Manager and Senior Global Tax Manager with daily responsibilities of the Global Tax Department, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Working with the Tax Manager to develop the Tax Analysts and lead them in their professional development endeavors.
- Acting as a mentor and leading the Tax Analysts to prepare accurate tax returns and ensuring appropriate tax compliance with regards to various tax procedures and research projects.
- Working with the Tax Manager to manage the firm’s U.S. and international tax issues.
- Working with Tax Manager to communicate and answer tax compliance questions for Partners.
- Analyzing data provided by the Finance and Accounting group and preparing tax schedules for the preparation of the U.S. federal and state partnership income tax returns, business tax returns, sales and use tax returns, and international tax compliance requirements.
- Leading the process of preparing and providing information to external tax accountants with respect to the preparation of the U.S. federal and state partnership tax returns and international tax filings.
- Reviewing applicable general ledger analysis and performing quality assurance procedures.
- Researching U.S. and international tax issues using CCH, BNA, and Lexis.
- Developing and maintaining a compliance schedule of all U.S. federal, state, and international tax returns. Assisting the Tax Manager with ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local governmental tax laws and regulations, including but not limited to income, sales/use taxes and unclaimed personal property.
- Participating in acquisition analysis.
- Preparing and reviewing the partners’ U.S. and international partner withholding tax calculations.
- Assisting the Tax Manager with maintaining the partners’ tax databases and historical information used by firm management.
As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Analyst must have excellent leadership skills; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines; and well-developed and professional interpersonal skills to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm. The Analyst must also have strong analytical skills with minimal supervision needed, and must be able to define issues while using a logical approach to develop and implement appropriate solutions.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting along with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in public accounting at a multi-office professional services organization is required. A CPA or working progress toward a CPA is desired. Relevant experience with preparing U.S. federal and state partnership income tax returns is considered a plus. Related experience with international partnership and expatriate tax issues is also considered a plus.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply Now" link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
Latham & Watkins LLP will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
For information regarding family care and medical leave (CFRA), click here.