Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Consumer Care Representative
at King's Hawaiian
Corporate Offices, Torrance, CA
# of Openings:
Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii over 60 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Hawaiian Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and is building a new bakery facility near Atlanta, GA that is live as of October 2011. The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible products, high quality, and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Since launching a strategic plan for the future in 2006, revenue has almost tripled to over $100 million and the brand’s share of category has grown from about 20% to over 60%. The focus of the strategic plan was largely on brand building which included hiring new marketing and sales leadership, investment in new products, improved retail execution and significant investments in consumer marketing. In addition, there is focus on creating a KH Cares department that is legendary in developing and deepening relationships with our `Ohana (family of consumers).
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
Reporting to the Consumer Care Lead, the Consumer Care Representative acts as the central contact for incoming inquiries and comments through email, telephone, mail, and social media. The ideal Consumer Care Representative would be able to radiate the Aloha spirit to all consumers that contact the company and provide accurate information in a timely manner.
We are looking for someone who has the imagination, skills, and personal initiative to continue to serve our consumers in the most excellent, clear and respectful way, following the spirit of Aloha. Ultimately, the ideal person will continue to contribute to the success of King’s Hawaiian by building our brand. We are open to changes that improve performance provided that they are compatible with our values and do not compromise communication. For a skilled candidate who enjoys interacting with people on a great brand, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and can multi-task while being detailed oriented, this is an ideal opportunity.
- Maintaining high professional standards for timely, quality communications with consumers in line with our core values and the Aloha spirit.
- Facilitating quality communication interdepartmentally.
- Responding to all consumer related issues in a wide range of severity.
- Fulfilling the needs of the consumer and answering all questions while observing our core values.
- Responding to all incoming emails and letters in a timely manner.
- Answering incoming calls in a friendly, informative and respectful way.
- Applying the spirit of Aloha in all interactions with customers, co-workers, vendors, and management.
- Facilitating all the mailing to consumers which includes letters, recipe cards, coupons and other miscellaneous King’s Hawaiian literature.
- Logging all information into the CRS for tracking purposes, metrics and analytics.
- Utilizing current technology for customer relations i.e. email, electronic coupons, social media engagement platforms etc.
- Coordinating incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Assist in monitoring and responding to queries on social media sites and, as needed, will be primary responder to incoming social media messages and comments.
- Assist in managing inventory and sourcing of consumer giveaway items for marketing promotions.
- As needed, assist in the organization of programs and events involving consumer promotion inventory (i.e. mass mailing, Food Truck supplies, Marketing events, etc.)
- Support Ecommerce inquiries (i.e. including processing orders) and make suggestions for optimization based on consumer feedback.
- Train and mentor consumer reps (when required)
- Assist in putting together monthly reports for the department which includes metrics, analytics and forecasting.
- Manage and observe “active” cases in CRS and assist in providing weekly follow up to Quality Assurance team.
- Identify consumer advocates independently and work with consumer care manager to contact them.
- Research various company consumer care/customer service departments to identify best practices and help implement learnings into King’s Hawaiian consumer care execution.
- Gather insights from consumer care data to share with manager and Quality Assurance team.
- Serve as a representative of Consumer Care and attend internal and/or external events/meetings as pertinent to consumer relations (when required).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 1-2 years of customer service experience on phone, email and in person
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED
• Strong acclimation to company values and culture, the Aloha Spirit
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Exceptional telephone etiquette
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently and effectively in a team environment.
• Must be able to deal with high volume workload and meeting deadlines.
• Flexibility and ability to complete various tasks and work various schedules as assigned on occasion to meet consumer demands
• Familiarity with technologies i.e. chat, texting, utilizing CRS systems.
• Adapts to change well
• High sense of urgency
• Complete, timely, and thorough follow-ups
• Ability to optimize currents processes and facilitating system upgrades.
• Is able to think from all perspective i.e. consumer and business mindsets.
Note: This Position Description indicates the critical features of the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No third party inquiries accepted.