Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at King's Hawaiian
# of Openings:
• Assist Production Manager, Head Baker and other bakers as well as work independently to create baked goods by following recipes and/or product directions to prepare items from scratch (i.e.breads, cookies, rolls, muffins, biscuits, cakes, and pastries).
• Mix and deposit batters into pans to prepare for baking (i.e. high ratio cake, cheesecake, fillings, pound cakes, crumb, graham crust ect.).
• Assist Production Manager, Head Baker and other bakers in operating baking machinery to produce baked goods (i.e. ovens, slicing machine, wrapping machine, etc.).
• Set time and speed controls for mixing machines, blending machines, or steam kettles to ensure that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
• Deliver prepared product to oven to be baked
• Assist in removing finished products from pans
• Prepare orders to go out to customers
• Manage both the baked and unbaked inventories and records (i.e. eggs, flour, and pastry cream) while keeping track of their expiration dates and cycling them appropriately for use before the product expires.
• Regulates the drafts and temperatures of the ovens and places/removes product from them while observing color and temperatures of products being baked.
• Combine measured ingredients in bowls for mixing or blending.
• Laminate all doughs (i.e. coffee cake, danish, croissant, puff, ensemada, cinnamon bread, etc.)
• Manage all pars, quality, and efficiency of product creation
• Measure/weigh ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or icings, using scales or graduated containers.
• Check the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
• Adapt the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of items to be baked.
• Roll, knead, cut, or shape dough to form various products (i.e. sweet rolls, pie crusts, tarts and cookies)
Communication and Coordination:
• Direct and / or coordinate bakery deliveries
• Order and / or receive supplies
• Alert Production Manager, Head Baker, and Baker 3 about any inconsistencies with product and/or process
Health and Safety:
• Keep all food storage areas clean and sanitary
• Maintain and sanitize baking utensils, tools, and machinery.
• Strictly adhere to food safety laws and standards while preparing bakery products.
• Follow all Company Safety policies and procedures.
• Keep work area clean, organized and safe.
• Informs management of necessary improvements in physical condition of building, repairs, and maintenance.
• Follows all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by the health department.
• Cooperates on all matters relating to safety and health in the work area and positively promotes safety in operations.
• Immediately reports all accidents to the Supervisor/Manager and obtains first aid for all injuries.
Minimum 3 - 5 years work experience with yeast doughs and a variety of cake batters.
Able to report to work physically and mentally ready to do the job. We insist on a substance-free work environment.
Able to be present at work for assigned schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours when required.
Able to handle multiple tasks and work well in an environment with time constraints.