Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation Engineer - Roadway (Los Angeles, CA)
at Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Kimley-Horn is looking for an experienced Roadway Design Project Engineer for our transportation practice in Los Angeles, CA. We're seeking interested candidates to perform roadway engineering and project management tasks. The candidate will develop concepts, preliminary engineering and final design for projects including, but not limited to, developing geometric alignments, profiles, modeling, design sections, grading design, drainage, superelevation, construction details, work zone traffic control, and signing and striping plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. License in California completed or the ability to complete within one year from employment
- 4 years of experience with roadway design
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners including clients, sub consultants, and utility companies
- Experience preparing final design plans, specifications and construction cost estimates
- Good problem solving and technical writing skills
- Proficiency with Civil 3D drafting and design
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency with Microstation design
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.