K2 Group inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology/Assurance Specialist II
at K2 Group inc.
The primary function is working with Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting SMC Directorates and/or AFSPC Operational Units. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
- Establish complex operational software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned
- Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
- Review, prepares, and update AIS accreditation packages
- Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS accreditation/certification
- Perform AIS self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
- Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
- Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
- Perform VTC System Administration, Scheduling, & Configuration
- Provide guest networks Client Support
- Perform Account Creations, changes, & deletions
- Provide Help Desk & troubleshooting
- Perform Hardware/Software System Configuration, upgrades and modifications
- Provide Personal-Issue Laptop Support
- Perform Media Control & Accountability
- Perform COMSEC account/equipment management
- 5-7 years total related experience, including minimum 3 years of relevant SCI or SAP experience. Minimum 2 years of SAP-related experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 and Information Assurance Manager Level 1 within 6 months of the date of hire
- Must complete training on Joint Security Implementation Guidance (JSIG) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) (if supported organization requires development of AIS accreditation packages).
- Applicable Windows professional certifications, based on OS requirements for supported organization.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP/Vista operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
- Working knowledge of JAFAN 6/0, DCID/JAFAN 6/3, DCID/JAFAN 6/9, and Joint DODIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information Systems Security Standards, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to C&A for Legacy systems
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is desired
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.