Amanecer Community Counseling Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child and Family Specialist
at Amanecer Community Counseling Services
TITLE: CHILD & FAMILY SPECIALIST EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Program Manager REVISION DATE:
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Child and Family Specialist provides direct services to children and families as identified in an individualized treatment plan and may function as a member of a child and family team. The Child and Family Specialist is responsible for working with children and their families in their home/out-of-home placements and their respective communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the ongoing development and evaluation of the child and family plan of care.
- Engage with families, in accordance with individualized child and family plans, providing concrete services to assist the child and family with their tasks of daily living. Concrete services include, but are not limited to, providing educational support, transportation, parenting assistance, home management assistance, recreational activities, and behavior management.
- Provide advocacy and support to individual family members and the family as a whole.
- Promote family-centered practice strategies including family decision-making.
- Assist in providing crisis management to families and children when plans disrupt and on-site consultation to others involved in plans.
- Comply with HIPPA requirement for privacy and access of records.
- Culturally sensitive to each client/family and individual needs and customs as appropriate.
- Actively participate and attend in-service presentations, mandatory meetings, and trainings as scheduled.
- Utilize agency’s vehicles, when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in social services or a related field.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
- One to three years experience working directly with seriously disturbed children, adolescents, and families.
- CA Driver’s License and clean driving record for insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Experience working with multiethnic/racial clients and communities.
- Proficiency at computer required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Some work is performed within community, such as schools and homes.
- Limited physical effort required.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.