JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic in Thousand Oaks, CA at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
What this job involves
As part of a Module Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for repairs and investigations to a multitude of mechanical equipment.
With Site specific training as well as mentoring provided by the Module Team, this role will perform the following typical duties:
- Be responsible for day to day maintenance and troubleshooting activities, ensuring proper operation of Building Systems.
- Provide hands on repairs to systems following the Work Order process.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and Engineering Studies under supervision of the Chief Engineer.
- Support 24x7 operation of the campus. Occasional after-hours and holiday work is required.
- Routine interaction with JLL Team members, as well as Client staff.
Sound like you? To apply you need to have:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or state equivalent is required.
• Two years of related trade schooling or equivalent is preferred.
• Minimum five years’ experience working with mechanical systems.
• Experience working with Building Automation System platforms is preferred.
• Section 608 EPA Universal Refrigeration License is preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong Mechanical background is required.
• Under minimal supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic will safely and effectively perform general, corrective, preventive and other types of maintenance including mechanical and other equipment at a large, multi-building biotechnology site.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Safely maintain the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements. Demonstrate safe behavior. Identify and assess safety hazards and risks. Follow and enforce safety rules. Participate in the investigation of incidents and maintained equipment. Safety first attitude required and the ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE) and in strict accordance with all applicable safety policies.
• Operational knowledge pumps, valves, piping components, actuators, heat exchangers, hot water systems, domestic and industrial water systems, plumbing systems including sump & sewage ejector pumps, Perform complex lock-out tag-out of building systems
• Ability to safely diagnose the root cause of problems, repair as needed, and return systems back to efficient operation is required.
• Demonstrated expertise in the area of field instrumentation such as temperature, pressure, and flow devices required.
• Familiarity with Commercial Air Handling and Air Distribution Systems and their components is preferred.
• Familiarity with typical HVAC and Refrigeration Systems, such as Cold Room Storage, Chilled Water, Steam/Hot Water, and Compressed Air is preferred.
• Ability to work in the field and performing troubleshooting activities on I/O devices is preferred.
• Must have expertise with and be able to describe the use of test equipment such as Digital Volt Meters is preferred.
•Must have the abilities to work in cramped spaces such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc. required ability to walk a large, campus-like setting, climb stairs, work on a ladder, operate electric hand tools, carry tools required.
• Must have the ability to use computers and related technology efficiently.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to work alone, as well as with multiple teams consisting of operational staff, client managers, vendors, and contractors via on site presence, telephone, and email.
• Must have the ability to learn about the various major components of building systems in use and be able to replace parts as needed.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
•Valid US Driver’s license and clean driving record required.
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Apply quoting reference [JOB NUMBER] at jll.com/careers.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.