Irvine Ranch Water District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Irvine Ranch Water District
- General Description
Irvine Ranch Water District is accepting applications for an Associate Engineer who under direction, will plan and oversee the planning, design and preparation of plans, specifications and cost estimates for water, sewage and recycled water systems engineering work with emphasis on design, construction and operations. Incumbent will coordinate various planning efforts and serve as project manager related to capital improvement projects.
This is an entry-level classification in the professional engineering series. Work is performed with direct supervision and a moderate degree of independence. Assignments are increasingly difficult and complex, requiring the application of professional knowledge and skills to problems and specialized areas.
- Summary of Duties
- Act as Project Manager/Engineer for simple to moderately complex planning, design, and construction projects.
- Prepare correspondence and reports in a professional manner complying with District standards.
- Prepare agenda items and supporting material for Committee and Board action.
- Develop preliminary and final designs for a wide variety of engineering projects.
- Maintain records of work progress and expenditures of project funds; prepare progress estimates. Prepare contractual documents on design and construction projects.
- Review designs submitted by consultants, developers, and other entities for compliance with standards.
- Review shop drawings and other construction submittals for compliance with the approved plans and specifications.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals for retaining consultants on engineering and planning projects.
- Review work of and give instruction to technicians and consultants.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in civill engineering or a related field, and experience as described below is required.
- Three years of professional engineering experience, preferably with a public agency or consultant/contract provider to a public agency AND registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.)* in the State of California.
- Depending on assignment, possession of a valid California Class "C" driver's license may be required.
- State of California Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration.
- Additional Information
For a detailed job description, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irwd/classspecs/1277354?keywords=associate%20engineer&pagetype=classSpecifications
For more information regarding our benefits, please visit: https://www.irwd.com/about-us/retirement-and-benefits