Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Development Manager- Cups
at International Paper.
Job Reference #: 9169574
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
- The purpose of this position is to provide the business with capabilities to lead and manage product development in cups for the business. The role also includes providing technology leadership in key platforms (Hold & Go) for the business.
- The key customers served are the global Foodservice Business manufacturing locations as well as end users through the sales and marketing organizations.
- Outputs include business value & competitive advantage delivered through new cup products and service to key customers based on existing and new technology platforms
- Manage and lead cup related product development activities to meet product development goals for the business
- Cup product development includes competitive benchmarking, coordination of design changes, developing new designs, conducting and documenting trials to ensure timely progress of product development projects
- Manage all technical aspects of intellectual property in the development of new cup products and cupmaking production processes
- Lead and execute Hold & Go technology development through interaction with operations, product development, engineering SMEs and maintenance personnel
- Coordinate sharing of best practices across plants to ensure that Hold&Go technology is deployed and executed for maximum value to the business
- Identify opportunities to enhance Hold & Go cost position, quality and functionality to meet business goals by leading division wide efforts
- Develop subject matter expertise on materials & equipment to keep business informed on key developments through vendor relations, conferences and external interactions.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams in executing technical projects in process industries/consumer oriented product development
- Bachelor’s of science degree required, Mechanical Engineering, Advanced Degrees preferred
- Good knowledge of Foodservice converting operations & products, equipment & resources preferred
- 10+ Years manufacturing / maintenance experience preferably in converting operations
- Project Management Skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Software Proficiency: Office; Engineering Design (Solidworks/AutoCAD) – desirable
Functional/Technical Skills (24), Action Oriented (1), Problem Solving (51), Written Communications (67), Time Management (62), Organizing (39), Planning (47), Command Skills (9), Customer Focus (15), Conflict Management (12), Confronting Direct Reports (13), Innovation Management (28), Motivating Others (36), Process Management (52)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Veterans