Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Sales Associate
at International Paper.
Job Reference #: 10908694
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have fifteen openings for Sales Associates at our corrugated manufacturing plants in the United States and two openings in Mexico (Ixtac and Silao). These facilities manufacture and sell corrugated packaging products for local and national customers. Our current openings are in the following locations:
- Arden Hills, MN
- Atlanta, GA
- Bowling Green, KY
- Charlotte, NC
- Dallas, TX
- Edinburg, TX
- Eighty Four, PA
- Kansas City, MO
- Indianapolis, IN
- San Antonio, TX
- Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Savannah, GA
- Spotswood, NJ
We are looking for motivated sales professionals who have two to four years sales experience and an interest in growing their career with a world class manufacturing company. Candidates should be skilled in building business to business relationships, prospecting and expanding market share. Training will be provided on our manufacturing process and product lines.
This role is responsible for making sales calls and securing orders for IP goods or services. This work is customarily and regularly performed away from the primary place of business. Specific duties include: providing insights for developing customer value propositions; analyzing and providing timely feedback on market and business conditions; initiating and completing customer and competitive analysis; identifying new business opportunities; recommending sales solutions; obtaining and maintaining knowledge of all aspects of the container industry including priority customers, operational practices, customer supply channels, service expectations and financial requirements. The Sales Associate will be responsible for understanding the business, including both operational and commercial aspects in order to perform analytical work and make recommendations to Sales and Plant General Managers regarding commercial and/or operational strategies for the assigned location(s). This role may also be responsible for a limited number of accounts. Upon successful integration with and understanding of industry and business segment, sales associates will be expected to take on responsibility for full territory management, including growing assigned target accounts and prospecting new accounts in the local market. The successful candidate has 2 to 4 years’ experience in solutions focused sales activities and/or industry specific customer service or marketing experience as well as a BA/BS degree.
Key Accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Achieve sales targets with assigned accounts by partnering with customers in a consultative relationship that maximizes value for the customer and profitability for International Paper
- Build new business and grow assigned territory by prospecting sales opportunities, attracting the interest of potential customers, networking to build a contact base, and following up with leads
- Leverage IP’s value proposition to sell a profitable mix of corrugated products to targeted customers
- Develop a working knowledge of the corrugated box industry and business operation
- Review new product developments and sales techniques on an ongoing basis. Develop a complete and comprehensive technical knowledge of all business products relevant to your market or territory
- Support all company policies. Foster a positive and safe working environment for fellow employees and customers
- Other duties as assignedRequired Competencies:Candidates must be skilled in customer focus, drive for results, action orientation, organizing, priority setting and functional/technical commercial skills.Knowledge and Experience:
- Undergraduate college degree and 2 to 4 years of solution selling experience required or equivalent industry specific customer service or marketing experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel and Power Point
- A strong general knowledge of business and customer service
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication skillsWork Environment:Majority of time spent preparing for and calling on customers. Travel overnight to plants, trade shows, training sessions and customers.
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
Qualified candidates should express interest by applying online at www.internationalpaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.