Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at International Paper.
Job Reference #: 7786508
We currently have an opening for a Laboratory Technician at International Paper’s Customer Commitment Center on Holmes Rd. in Memphis, TN. This position reports into the Value Added Services team within National Accounts in the Container the Americas business.
This position works as a part of a team and reports into the Laboratory Supervisor. The Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing testing of corrugated packing materials and completing various projects for our customers and facilities.
- Conduct physical testing on containerboard, corrugated board and corrugated containers.
- Conduct package distribution testing to determine effects of shipping and handling on customers’ products.
- Analyze and report results of tests to assist internal and external customers with quality related issues.
- Perform projects that support the company’s operational objectives.
- Communicate well via oral and written communications with internal and external customers.
- Perform daily activities in compliance with documented safety requirements.
- Assist in maintenance of laboratory quality processes and equipment.
- Maintain work area in an orderly manner.
- Perform basic quality testing training for new employees and external customers.
- Shipping/receiving functions as required.
- Safe operation of powered industrial trucks.
Education / Training Required:
- College degree in a scientific discipline preferred, with special consideration to candidates with packaging degrees.
- Demonstrated experience in quality assurance at a paperboard or corrugated manufacturing facility may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- One or more years experience at a corrugated plant or paper mill, or as a Lab Technician in a paperboard/packaging testing or design lab is preferred.
Other Qualifications Required:
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint is essential.
- Practcal understanding of statistical analysis.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of TAPPI, ASTM, ISTA procedures is preferred.
- Physical ability to safely handle test materials weighing 50 lbs or more.
- Forklift driving skills desirable.
Interested candidates can apply on-line at www.internationalpaper.com
International Paper is a Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans