Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Mechanical Pkg Specialist
at International Paper.
Job Reference #: 9226708
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
- Support CTA Sales Personnel in resolving machinery/material issues at customer facilities.
- Survey, evaluate, and troubleshoot equipment problems and issues as they relate to the customer’s ability to run International Paper products efficiently. Equipment will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Case Erectors
- Tray Formers
- Case Packing Systems
- Box Sealing Systems
- Partition Inserters
- Conveyor Systems
- Palletizing Systems
- Printing/Marking/Labeling Systems
- Tape and Glue Systems
- Shrink Tunnel Systems
- A strong background of mechanical aptitude with packaging equipment up to and including building, re-building, and hands on solutions to issues.
- A thorough understanding of the manufacturing process of corrugated packaging is desired.
- An understanding of the key quality attributes of corrugated and their effect on mechanical forming and ultimate shipping performance.
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations due to corrugated and or machinery performance.
- Ability to interact with customers on a multi level basis from floor troubleshooting to upper management presentations.
- Assist customers in the checkout of new equipment at the manufacturer’s facility.
- Participate in customer’s equipment startups with new equipment or package designs.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base of available packaging machinery, including information on operating limitations, technical specifications, and approximate costs.
- Instruct customer personnel, i.e. Engineering, Maintenance, and Production on proper set up (Center-lining), adjustment, and operation of packaging equipment.
- Assist sales through the preparation of recommendations and proposals for new packaging systems at customer facilities.
- Provide financial data and assistance in the preparation of Capital Appropriation Requests for equipment purchased by, and financed through International Paper Plants.
- Evaluate packaging equipment and systems for compliance with OSHA and other safety requirements.
- Provide technical support to sales, marketing, package designers, equipment suppliers, and customers in the development of proprietary IP designs and equipment to automate them.
- Participate in CVA Audits to evaluate and recommend MPS related issues that could reduce customer’s packaging cost and improve margin for IP.
- Keep abreast of current developments in MPS technology through interaction with manufactures’ representatives and plant visits.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently while managing multiple high priority assignments effectively
- Utilize the MPS Project Log System to track value to customers and IP by accurate record keeping and visit reports.
- Manage travel and operating expenses in a reasonable and prudent manner consistent with department budget guidelines and IP standard operating procedures.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be willing to travel as needed throughout North America.
- Must be committed to safety.
- College degree desired.
- 5 years industry experience desired.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans