Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Extrusion Process Supervisor
at International Paper.
Job Reference #: 9169541
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Process Supervisor will provide supervision, training, and support to ensure safe operations of maintenance activities in the Plastic Extrusion Department. They will serve as a technical expert to oversee the efficient operation of the Extruders and support equipment as assigned.
6:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., Monday – Friday and on call during weekends/evenings as needed
- Provide leadership for two hourly Line Maintainers to ensure proper execution of existing PM plans/schedules and enhancement of PM’s deployed as needed
- Provide leadership for hourly Maintenance Mechanics (across all shifts) to promptly address mechanical and electrical issues and improve machine efficiencies
- Provide direction and training for Maintenance, PM Team, and Lead Operators in the department
- Develop, plan, and execute projects and process improvements to reduce costs and improve quality and efficiencies in the department
- Ensure parts, procedures, and plans are in place to properly service Extruders and other equipment as assigned
- Serve as the daily liaison between Maintenance and Production within the department
- Assist with capital planning and provide capital project assistance
- Responsible for continuous efficiency improvements and cost reductions
- Responsible for a portion of the Maintenance Budget spending for Printing & Blanking
- Other duties as assigned
- Safe and proper performance of PMers, Mechanics, Electricians, Line Maintainers, and Operator performance in the department
- Prompt support to address machine failures to provide operation at target efficiencies and quality goals
- Development, improvement, and planning PMs to improve plant equipment performance
- Implementation of Root Cause Failure Analysis in problem solving and action to prevent reoccurrence
- Usage of SAP to properly determine lubrication schedules, preventative maintenance, predictive parts replacement, and repair planning
- Provide adequate training opportunities for hourly personnel in the areas of machine set up, troubleshooting, repair, and operation
Organizing, Planning, Priority Setting, Informing, Listening, Motivating Others, Action Oriented, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Building Effective Teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 3-5 Years manufacturing experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.