Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Capital sourcing Manager
at International Paper.
Job Reference #: 6981315
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Location: Loveland, OH
The Capital Sourcing Manager position is responsible for the procurement of:
- Capital Equipment, Engineering and Construction services related to capital projects, and/or
- Manufacturing Services required to support manufacturing facility maintenance and operations
Engagement typically involves purchases that are greater than $500,000. The Sourcing Manager will effectively utilize the Strategic Sourcing process to increase value to IP. Scope includes procurement strategy development, negotiations, advanced analytical tools, contract administration, warranty enforcement and ongoing supplier management. Situations can require acting in a lead or team member role. Assignments can involve any of IP’s global facilities and includes leadership for relationships with strategic global suppliers. There is the possibility of extensive travel, potentially in excess of 50% in a year based on project demands. Individual has responsibility for approximately $200 million in annual expenditures and controls commitment authority of $4,000,000.
Responsibilities for the Capital Sourcing Manager:
- Achieve targeted cost reductions through application of the Strategic Sourcing process, understanding of available technologies, global bidder selection, effective buying strategies, negotiations and value-based decision making.
- Serve as a key team member throughout the Project Delivery Process with input in cost estimation, potential supplier determination, contract and risk mitigation strategy development and project schedule; includes payment schedules and other commercial activities.
- Act as Lead Buyer and Team Leader for the execution of sourcing event (wave) activities for Manufacturing Services Categories. Utilize the Strategic Sourcing process to create effective strategies that deliver maximum cost reduction and value creation. Effective engagement and facilitation of a diverse team including mill stakeholders, assistant buyers, financial analysts, Global Sourcing COE and other subject matter experts is essential to success.
- Develop and drive opportunities for reduction of life cycle cost by engaging key suppliers in suggesting improvements to our operations, processes, or procedures with the goal of reducing total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Ensure compliance with standards and policies with key stakeholders throughout the procurement process. Will routinely collaborate with Regional Engineering Offices, Facility Sourcing professionals and Engineers, consulting engineers and Technology.
- Serve in a governance role in support of facility purchases and supplier issues:
- Offer strategies and advice; identify supplier contacts
- Assist in evaluations and achieve problem resolution
- Authorize purchase decisions for amounts above facility authority level including oversight of bid selection process
- Lead and participate in activities to continuously improve the effectiveness of the department through application of Manufacturing Excellence tools, identification of opportunity areas and effective communication with all stakeholder groups.
Requirements for the Capital Sourcing Manager:
Bachelors Degree required. A minimum of 10 years work experience is needed with manufacturing facility, industry, extended purchasing or capital project experience preferred. Successful candidates should have demonstrated leadership skills, technical aptitude, strategic thinking skills, effective communication skills, analytical skills, an understanding of business and financial basics, the ability to work independently and the ability to act as a team player including the strength/ability to stand alone when necessary. A strong customer focus is important for collaborating and interfacing with stakeholders. Good PC skills are needed for accessing financial data, analyzing alternatives, and preparing presentations. Knowledge of policies and procedures and the legal aspects of purchasing are desirable.
Competencies for the Capital Sourcing Manager:
Building Effective Teams
Drive for Results
Timely Decision Making
Dealing with Ambiguity
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Loveland OH 45140