As a registered investment advisor, our organization provides financial and investment counseling/management on a wide range of financial instruments. Through our comprehensive financial planning process, our company advises ultra-high and high net worth families in making wise decisions with their wealth for now and future generations.
The Portfolio Manager will be charged with responsibility of design and overall management of the client portfolio models as determined by our Investment Committee. Portfolio models contain diversified investment products including but not limited to, bonds, stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, hedge funds, private real estate partnerships, business investments and venture capital funds. Thorough understanding of investment universe is necessary. The Portfolio Manager will assist in analysis of current and new accounts to determine how best to migrate investments to company portfolio models in consideration of tax, risk, performance and income needs of accounts.
The Portfolio Manager is expected to research, model, analyze, and stress test portfolio strategies in isolation and as included in diversified allocation models and furthermore will implement investment models via trading platforms for individual accounts, perform daily monitoring of portfolio positions, apply account specific mandates and cash requirements, utilize various quantitative portfolio management tools to assist with risk modeling, tax loss harvesting, strategic or tactical moves.
- Present portfolio theory and current market trends in client facing meetings.
- Knowledge of investments, taxation, and estate planning tools and techniques.
- Manage daily processes across trading software, including updating and maintaining client records, investment data and model portfolios.
- Execute all client transactions and maintain trading records.
- Analyze new prospect existing holdings and contribute towards pitch materials.
- Work with compliance department on trading records, procedures and reports.
- Technology Utilization – working in and maintaining firm-wide software (Eclipse, Orion, Wealthbox, Charles Schwab, Office Suite)
- Assist with portfolio reporting as needed, maintain client portals, run cash deposit, distribution and rebalance reports.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in the position offered or related research position.
- CFA or CAIA designation required.
- Background check and drug screening required prior to employment.
- Qualifying experience or coursework must include:
- Strategizing portfolio/risk management and optimization, including generating investment strategies and trading recommendations with a macro-economic outlook for portfolios.
- Researching trading strategies for various fixed income securities, such as Treasury/corporate bonds, interest rate swaps/futures, MBS/ABS and associated derivatives.
- Developing and implementing pricing models for a variety of fixed income, options, futures and derivative products using associated techniques such as stochastic processes, and factor models to price and trade fixed income products. in sovereigns, supras, credit, interest rate swaps and bond futures; using stochastic calculus and volatility modeling to price volatility products in rates, FX, commodities and equity space.
- Use optimization techniques to optimize portfolios to maximize risk-adjusted returns given client constraints.
- Apply probability theory and analysis of exponential families, sufficient statistics, and asymptotics to analyze and develop trading strategies in generalized probabilistic frameworks.
- Use machine learning techniques for development of systematic trading strategies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.