Insomniac Games, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Engine Programmer: Tools - CA or NC
at Insomniac Games, inc.
Job TitleSr. Engine Programmer: Tools - CA or NC
Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to join our Core team and focus on our internal game development tool suite. If you have experience and interest in working with build systems, creative asset editors, internal UX and usability strategies, or modern procedural content techniques, we'd love to hear from you. Along with your resume, please include a cover letter or other brief description of why you're interested in the position
Insomniac's Core team is responsible for our industry-leading technical foundation for triple-A game development. We develop tools and technology to build and power titles like Marvel's Spider-Man, Stormland, and Ratchet & Clank. As a principle, we strive to be open and generous in sharing our advancements with the game development community through conference presentations, public posting, and self-run conferences.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
* Demonstrate exceptional communication abilities, both written and verbal, for purposes of collaboration, education, and mentorship
* Design and develop new engine technology for the production of current and future games
* Design and implement efficient low-level systems to support higher-level programmers & pipelines
* Maintain and support our existing game engine technology while in use by production teams
* Rethink, refactor, and rewrite existing systems as necessary
* Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
* Work proactively with your lead to identify technical risks and generate solutions
* Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
* Provide technical leadership and tutelage in areas of specialization
* Advise and mentor programmers both within and external to your area of expertise
* Keep current with the technological developments and advancements in the game industry
* Analyze code for performance and optimization opportunities
* Document functionality and implementation details for production and other engineers
* Other duties may be assigned
* Master's degree or equivalent, or more than 7 years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Fluency in C++, and experience with C and assembly programming
* Strong grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to game engine programming
If this is an opportunity that you would like to pursue, please use the link above and apply. Please note that we have multiple positions open for this role. Thank you!