Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Product Manager
at Imperva Inc
Technical Product Manager
Imperva is seeking a Technical Product Manager, as part of the RASP Team, to engage with the RASP product lead and product development teams to drive better business decisions and deliver critical insights to the organization.
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Imperva is a cybersecurity leader that delivers best-in-class solutions to protect data and applications on-premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, small businesses, and service providers.
The Role: Technical Product Manager– location Los Angles, CA
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and driving the development of feature functionality into Imperva’s Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) solution. The Technical Product Manager must possess software development and deployment wherewithal for Java, .NET, RUST, and PHP ecosystems and must be keenly aware of how the product is performing (data quality, stability, scalability) in order to bring the product to market. In addition, they must work closely with engineering to understand the details and impact of design decisions and trade-offs. This role will focus on scaling the current RASP product to optimize and serve an emerging security technology business.
- Manages the execution of technology projects including the timeline, scope, and resources.
- Creates Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) to capture product specifications, business rules, flows and use cases, as well as user-experience (UX) deliverables.
- Partners with engineering to build drive consistent, quality solutions in order to optimize and improve RASP.
- Researches and documents “best practices” related to RASP and Application Security.
- Define KPIs, and operational marketing metrics for new features.
- Must be willing to commute to Imperva office in Marina Del Rey 3x per week.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other technical field.
- Strong understanding of the product development lifecycle, including product strategy, requirements definition, user experience design, engineering, QA and launch.
- Strong understanding of application security (AppSec) concepts including vulnerability identification and mitigation techniques.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of computer science fundamentals and technology.
- Prior experience with security tools such as code scanning or protection tools.
- 2+ years of hands on development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in building successful enterprise software in an Engineering or PM role.
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams to drive delivery schedules.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple major and concurrent projects.
- Previous experience with Github, JIRA, Confluence.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Prior experience designing and deploying software plugins for enterprise applications at scale.
Check out all of our career opportunities at www.imperva.com/Company/Careers
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off, and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.comand career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.