IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Program Manager - R&D
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- IMI Critical Engineering
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, California.
The Company: Control Components, Inc. (“CCI”)
IMI CCI is part of the Critical Engineering division of IMI plc, and has been a leading provider of critical flow control technologies across the nuclear, power, oil and gas industries for over five decades. We have the design, manufacturing, commercial and afterservice expertise to provide tailored valve solutions for extreme operating environments. We are able to deploy our bespoke engineering expertise to maximise system performance and customer profit.
IMI Critical Engineering, one of three divisions under the IMI plc umbrella, is a world-leading provider of critical flow control solutions that enable vital energy and process industries to operate safely, cleanly, reliably and more efficiently. As part of IMI plc, we operate a global service network, with manufacturing facilities in 16? countries. We employ over 4,000 talented professionals across a range of disciplines. These include over 400 engineers, 150 project managers and over 200 dedicated aftermarket specialists - all committed to providing excellent service to our customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (office/cubicle environment with computers, fax machines and printers operating) to loud (manufacturing environment with large machinery operating).
As an established industry leader with 50+ years of experience, CCI believes in the power of innovation, integrity and excellence. We’re continually making sure we have the right people in place to take us to the next level. Salary depends on skills and experience. CCI offers medical/dental coverage, flexible benefits, and 401(k). CCI is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor
- This role has no direct supervisory responsibilities
- The role requires close coordination with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Production, Engineering, Procurement, and Finance
Continuous improvement, in regard to organizational quality and performance, focuses on improving customer satisfaction through continuous and incremental improvements to processes, including by removing unnecessary activities and variations.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Drive For Results:
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage product development and value-added value engineering projects
- Manage to a schedule based on tollgate process
- Lead discussions around corrective actions and subsequently implement the correct steps moving forward, if there is a delay in project schedule
- Maintain a strong understanding of the financial/economic associations at each step of the project
- Oversee high level finance exercises to ensure awareness of financial implications
- Prepare and manage reports and project tracking
- Comply with frameworks put in place by parent company, IMI Critical Engineering, to standardize the project development process
- Able to manage 8-10 projects at a time while moving them all forward
- Must be able to jump in and take responsibility with initiative, backed with experience in a related field
- Primary internal interface/contact on all assigned NPD/VAVE projects
- Coordinate and drive program execution through stakeholder management of Sales, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Production, and Finance towards achieving on-time program launch and targeted profitability
- Manage and facilitate prompt, meaningful communications with stakeholders to resolve technical and commercial issues and convey project progress on a routine basis
- Coordinate and manage program-level planning actions to facilitate on time deliverables on weekly basis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) desired, not required
- 10+ years of experience in a Project Management role, preferably in program management
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplined project team: engineering, quality control, procurement, manufacturing, cost estimating, delivery/billing, and configuration management
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written)
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes, techniques, practices
- Relevant experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship management (CRM) software
- Experience working with SFDC and any ERP tools
- High level of Proficiency in business and project management software (MS Office, MS Project Professional, MS SharePoint. MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10 to 15% of time; international customers will require off-normal hour interface
- Need high influencing skills and the ability to get things done without authority
- Need to be able to track projects, maintain timelines and schedules. Need to come across as structured, logical, and analytical
- Have to have growth mindset and need to get things done
- Ability to talk to, and be effective with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Ability to simplify complicated issues
- Come with best practices, programs and tollgates from own background to hit the ground running and implement your own work and influence everyone to get it done
- Need to be creative in your thinking to execute well
- Ability to run a structured meeting
- Able to work with a minimum supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details.
- Analytical problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines.