Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior System Administrator (AWS)
at IHOP Restaurants
This position will be responsible for design, implementation and support of AWS cloud infrastructure and application build, release, deployment, configuration activities, pipeline automation, optimization and management. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert and technical reference for all Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure supporting DevOps for DINE's product development teams and business units. This position requires a seasoned individual, who has experience and skills in cutting edge areas of DevOps, Platform / Infrastructure as a Service (PaaS / IaaS) including automating complete infrastructure deployments on AWS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of virtual machines, cloud instances, IT systems hardware and software and other related infrastructure in AWS cloud environments.
- Utilize your DevOps toolbelt to automate and manage Infrastructure. Perform hands on administration & systems engineering of the IT infrastructure to assure that systems meet or exceed business needs and expectations.
- Provide DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure subject matter expertise and technical leadership; lead complex System Administration tasks and IT Infrastructure projects to successful completion.
- Provision, administer and optimize AWS workloads. Automate environment deployments in AWS using Terraform, CloudFormation or other methodologies; building and supporting a highly available and multisite environments.
- Gathering requirements, analyzing, designing, developing, testing, maintaining and building platforms on AWS.
- Develop logical and physical infrastructure designs of infrastructure proposed solutions based on business requirements.
- Perform / oversee daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all IT Infrastructure, systems and key IT processes.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, system upgrades, regular patching, security remediation and resource optimization as required.
- Provide Systems Engineering support of production and non-production environments.
- 5 years of experience of Systems Administration experience.
- 3 years of experience of AWS administration.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud computing service provisioning with CloudFormation and/or Terraform.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines and implementation on EC2 / EKS platform.
- Hands-on Infrastructure as Code experience and with DevOps tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Git / GitHub etc).
- Hands-on experience with repetitive-task automation experience via scripting (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash/Shell, etc).
- Extensive Experience deploying applications with Docker, AWS Elastic Container Repository (ECR) and AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS).
- Experience with implementing and/or deploying EC2 auto-scaling groups, ELBs, Lambda functions, ActiveMQ, Elastic Cache.
- Identifying system vulnerabilities and securing AWS environments.
- Windows and Linux Server Administration
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Strong written / verbal communication skills and customer interaction skills with users of all levels.
- Working knowledge of web and application server architecture for public clouds.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of networking and cyber security.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years of comprehensive Windows / Linux Systems Administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of AWS administration experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of DevOps experience.