Hub International Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hub International Limited
HUB International Limited, a North American leader in the insurance brokerage industry, is hiring an Acquisition and Integration Specialist in our Chicago office. This is a newly created position designed to address the needs of this rapidly growing firm. With more than 9,000 employees and 400 offices across North America, this industry leader plans to continue its growth through further acquisition and organic growth.
This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor and is responsible for monthly closing processes for all current and acquired Broker Management and G/L systems within the accounting center. This individual will prepare and process journal entries, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and ensure compliance with GAAP and policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the month-end closing process and running of reports for all Broker Management systems and G/L systems within the accounting center
- Prepare accurate, compliant and timely balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Research and analyze data as requested
- Run and distribute month end and ad-hoc reports
- Prepare and process journal entries in the Brokerage Management systems and G/L systems
- Requires at least 1 year of experience in the Accounting field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combined education and work related experience
- Pursuing CPA or completed CPA preferred
- Insurance Experience a plus
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have the ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times
- Perform duties as assigned