Hope House for the Multiple-Handicapped
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) Consultant
at Hope House for the Multiple-Handicapped
|Title:||Registered Nurse (RN) Consultant|
|Location :||El Monte, CA|
The Nursing Consultant position is a part-time position (Starting at 10 hours/week) for a BSN who enjoys using a repertoire of nursing knowledge, the nursing process and working with an interdisciplinary team. The RN provides healthcare to adults with developmental disabilities and mental health issues living in residential care. As a team member, the Nurse Consultant is responsible for full health assessments and directing the healthcare of each resident. Hours are flexible and determined by client needs. Guided by the current Nurse Consultant, the nurse will assume case management and advocacy of six individuals in a home licensed by the Department of Health Services and Department of Developmental Disabilities. The position has the potential to grow to care for more homes operated by the agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Good assessment and writing skills
- Computer abilities including Microsoft Word
- Driver’s license
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to provide phone coverage 24/7 in cooperation with a team of RNs
- Flexible hours: Available for daytime meetings. Majority of hours during the evening and weekend.
- Ability to pass a physical exam (push, pull, lift up to 50 lbs, stand for extended periods).
- Ability to clear a criminal background check with DOJ/FBI
- Speak, read and write in English
- Attends and completes orientation as assigned
- Ability to push, pull, lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Physical condition sufficient to engage in frequent to continuous standing, walking, lifting, carrying objects, assisting with transfers, pushing pulling, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, running, and managing aggressive behaviors. These activities involve normal housework and assisting individuals who may engage in physical aggression.
- Ability to respond to any and all situations that occur within the facility to ensure the safety of all clients and staff.
- Ability to drive, or work toward driving, company vehicles.
- Incidental nursing assessment and care of acute and chronic health conditions
- Monthly notes, quarterly assessments, full written assessments semi-annually
- Drug regimen monitoring
- Coordination of physician care
- Training and supervision of paraprofessionals in medication administration and healthcare activities
- Human Rights Committee
- Licensing audits
- Support, Support, Support (We are here with you, and for you)
- Career Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Certification and Training Opportunities (at no cost to you)
- Ongoing and Continuing Education Training at Hope House
“My fondest memory is of the first time a client asked me for help. I had only been working for a month. He isn’t really one who talks much and rarely asks for help. I remember he was having a difficult time putting on his clothes. He looked at me and waved me closer, saying ‘Help. Help.’ After helping, he looked at me and said ‘Yay!’ I felt so happy to know that one of my clients felt that he could trust me and come to me for assistance.” -Adrian, QIDP
*** Incomplete applications will not be considered***