Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Banquet Bartender
at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Prepare beverages for catered banquet functions, courteously and efficiently; collect payments; assist in maintenance of bar area.
Outlet Manager and Food & Beverage Director
Crew members will be required to work day and/or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends.
- High School Graduate
- Graduate of bartending school preferred
- At least 1 year experience as a bartender in a medium to high volume environment.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- TIPS certification preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to communicate verbally (including telephone contact) with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, prioritize and complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to adhere to posted work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following:
- Proper bar set-up.
- All beverages, and correct glassware and garnishes.
- Characteristics and description of every wine/champagne “by the glass” selection and all major wines on the wine list.
- All menu and daily special items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
- State liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Correct maintenance and use of food/beverage serving and preparation equipment.
- Point-of-sale procedures.
- All drink measurements and recipes.
- Credit card terminal procedures.
- Ability to keep guests from becoming intoxicated and ability to cease service of alcohol to any guest who may become intoxicated using non-confrontational procedures based on TIPS training.
- Complete opening duties as assigned, including the following:
- Check quality and quantity of all bar stock and supplies using checklist.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to banquet facility.
- Set bar according to service standards.
- Set up all condiments (garnishes, juices, etc.) and beverages according to standards.
- Prepare all fresh fruit garnishes according to service standards.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all flatware, glassware, and chinaware for service.
- Ensure cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas.
- Take Guests’ beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques when applicable.
- Record orders of Guests into the point of sale system and receive payment following service procedures.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies.
- Make and serve alcoholic beverages for Guests, cocktail and food servers in accordance with service standards.
- Open wine/champagne bottles and serve in accordance with service standards.
- Anticipate Guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Remove soiled wares from bar. Clean and wipe down bar regularly during service.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing duties, such as:
- Properly store all reusable goods, liquor, and wine.
- Clean all equipment as assigned.
- Restock items for next service.
- Remove all dirty bus pans and all trash.
- Prepare daily breakage sheet.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to supervisor or Manager on Duty.
- Must be TIPS certified.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as developed, directed or assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
The frequency codes assigned in these job descriptions are:
Rarely less than 1%
STANDING/WALKING: Constantly on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
KNEELING/CRAWLING: Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
STOOPING (BENDING AT WAIST): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
TWISTING/TURNING AT KNEES, WAIST & NECK: Occasionally.
LEG/FOOT USE: Occasionally.
REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
PUSHING/PULLING: Occasionally. Pushing cart and portable banquet bar.
LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently lifting/moving up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 25 pounds.
SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to speak to others in person and on the telephone.
HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to listen to others in person and on the telephone.
VISION: Constantly required to see up close and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally required to see distances.
Exposure to chemicals, noise, vibrations: Exposure to basic cleaning supplies; moderate to loud noise conditions of a busy bar with occasional music; occasional exposure to noise of kitchen.
Operation of equipment/tools/vehicles: Equipment to include cash register, 10 key calculator, telephone, fax, copier, etc.
Work is both indoors and outdoors.
The Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.