Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full-Time Line Cook
at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
- Fully set up all event orders the day before.
- Cook all food at the proper time in accordance with the methods established by the Executive Chef.
- Have an open line of communication with all F&B Staff ie: Stewarding, Cooks, Server etc.
- Handle food and rotate it according to procedures set-up.
- Coordinate the left-over foods with the kitchen supervisor on duty in order to be handled properly.
- Requisition all items needed for the next day with the assistance of the Executive Chef.
- Promote and exhibit professional attitude within a positive working environment, displaying a courteous manner to all.
- It is of basic importance to have full communication with Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef (if applicable) in all facets of the job.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Hilton rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
* Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
* Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning up unexpected spills or executing special guest requests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of hot/cold food preparation.
* Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
* Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
* Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
* Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
* Ability to work in confined spaces.
* Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
3 years Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Garde Mange and Pantry experience
Licenses or certificates:
Food Handlers Certification
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
The frequency codes assigned in these job descriptions are:
Rarely less than 1%
STANDING/WALKING: Constantly on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
KNEELING/CRAWLING: Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
STOOPING (BENDING AT WAIST): Frequently. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
TWISTING/TURNING AT KNEES, WAIST & NECK: Frequently.
CLIMBING: Rarely. Use of stepstool.
LEG/FOOT USE: Rarely.
REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently lifting/moving up to 15 pounds. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 30 pounds.
SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to speak to others in person and on the telephone.
HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to listen to others in person and on the telephone.
Additional language skills desirable.
It is recognized that jobs vary and not every detail or requirement can be included in the description. Employees are encouraged to review their job description on a regular basis with their supervisors and make revisions as necessary.
I have received, read, and understood the above position description and requirements. I promise to put forth my best effort to meet the expectations of my job.