Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Catering and Convention Services
- Job Location
- US-CA-Long Beach
- Westin Long Beach
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Situated across the street from the Long Beach Convention Center and just two blocks from the beach, the Westin Long Beach has something to offer both business and leisure travelers alike. This 474-room hotel is also ideal for groups and weddings, with 37,000 square feet of meeting space, 31 suites, and a stunning garden terrace perfect for "I Dos". And with the Westin's central location, guests are within walking distance of the Aquarium of the Pacific and the Catalina Express, and are just two miles from the Queen Mary.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting new catering accounts, entertaining and sustaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and/or exceed revenue goals. He/she must have a strong knowledge of weddings and understand the importance of prospecting in creating new sales opportunities for the hotel. He/she is also responsible to coordinate and service client functions to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining profitable operations and high quality products and service levels. Candidates must be comfortable in problem solving with client relationships and event management.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Follow up on all turnovers within 24 hours via telephone and within 3 days with written correspondence.
- Know meeting room setups and capabilities.
- Know sleeping room configurations and types.
- Respond to Catering inquires immediately.
- Use the Partnership Agreement to meet client needs.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio visual, switchboard, accounting, restaurants, bars, and engineering.
- Interact with outside planners, vendors for event setup.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for clients.
- Manage existing accounts and follow up with client re-solicitation to capture future business.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Manage the function diary and adjust space in order to ensure maximum potential revenue.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during functions.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (One-to-One Training, etc.)
- Plan and execute holiday and special events in conjunction with the Director of Catering.
- Use feedback from client evaluations to improve service and quality.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4year college degree and at least 2 year of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Proficiency in Delphi preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.