Core & Main
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, District Sales - Fusible
at Core & Main
- Job ID
- Job Post Category
- Remote Position?
- Position Type
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for driving and managing the successful execution of sales strategies and plans for the district. Orchestrate and direct resources to drive profitable sales revenue and growth. Optimize sales effectiveness in partnership with other district and region sales partners. Engage and inspire the team to drive profitable business results. Monitor, analyze and report on district sales results. Define and plan the district selling organization to optimize resources. Facilitate the staffing process; provide input to other channels on organizational needs, associate actions, and sales team development. Sell to key district customers.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages a sales territory and develops direct reports including inside and outside sales, and special products sales. Actively schedules sales meetings and events with specified accounts and prospective accounts for the purpose of bidding jobs and securing new business. Forecast and achieve budgeted sales targets for assigned sales team.
- Manages selling and customer service activities, developing and implementing sales and customer retention programs to optimize sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction. Plan, forecast and report on sales and competitor pricing, activity and tactics. Promote market and technology research.
- Plans and implements district advertising and promotional strategy and activities.
- May communicate and negotiate special pricing and product availability with top vendors in district.
- Coach, motivate and develop team. Ensure team performs account prospecting. Assign and reassign accounts as required to maximize sales performance revenue. Conduct ride-along activities and work with team to call on active customers and prospective accounts.
- Conducts ongoing recruitment and interviewing of candidates for the purpose of acquiring talent to support the attainment of business objectives. Responsible for succession planning
- Trains and provides coaching of sales associates in effective selling processes and technique.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university and 10+ years industry sales experience.
- 5+ years experience with area customer base.
- Strong sales management background.
- Product knowledge.
- Supervisory experience.