GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Investment Summer Associate (Buy Side), 2020 - Santa Monica
at GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
About the Position
The Investment Summer Associate position is a summer internship for MBA candidates and other graduate degree candidates. The purpose of this internship is to identify, develop, and place candidates for full-time employment opportunities within Guggenheim Investments. In addition to practical experience as part of an investment team, candidates will have access to firm training, mentoring, development, and networking opportunities. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an entrepreneurial environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. The position is an excellent opportunity for highly competitive graduate degree candidates to move directly into a buy-side role. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA, and begins early June 2020.
About Potential Internship Placements
Guggenheim Investment is recruiting across several buy-side positions. They include:
- Insurance Portfolio Management
- Total Return Portfolio Management
- Governments & Agencies
- Financing & Short Rates
- Foreign Exchange
- Investment Grade
- Bank Loans
- Structured Credit
- Macroeconomic Research
- Real Estate
- Institutional Distribution
Guggenheim staff will assist in assignment of candidates to different groups.
Specific Responsibilities Vary by Team, but Include
- Identify and evaluate securities for potential investment or sale
- Develop competency in various fixed income and equity concepts and products
- Research current market themes and credit trends within sectors and maintain relevant statistical data as necessary
- Prepare credit memoranda on potential purchases and existing investments
- Effectively communicate with investment professionals across Guggenheim Partners’ various investment groups
- Perform due diligence on Investment issuers and managers via third party research, meetings and conference participation, which may require occasional domestic travel
- Build applications to meet the risk management and portfolio construction needs of the broader organization
- Interact with marketing, investor relations, client valuation teams and trade settlement groups
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic and ad-hoc exposure and performance reports for management
Skills & Experience Required
- Degree holder or currently enrolled in MBA or Master’s program
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to succeed with limited supervision
- Record of success as part of a team or group effort
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Understanding of accounting via basic coursework or experience.
- Strong technical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Bloomberg or programming experience a plus
- Must successfully pass a background check
- Limited travel may be required
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $265 billion in assets under management*. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,400 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
*Assets under management are as of 03.31.2019 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion.
Upon application, you will be instructed to create an account. Within this account you can view your candidate status and previously applied jobs as well as apply to new jobs. If you experience difficulties logging into your account please check the below:
- Do you have an existing account with the same email ID? In this case, please select “forgot password”.
- Clear your computer’s cache\cookies.
If none of the above are successful, please email WorkdayRecruiting@GuggenheimPartners.com for Technical Assistance only.
Please note: We are unable to respond to any non-technical inquiries sent to this email.