GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Investment Analyst (Buy Side), 2020 – Portfolio Construction Group
at GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
About the Position
The Investment Analyst position – Portfolio Construction Group is a full-time position for current undergraduate students who anticipate graduation by the Summer of 2020. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an entrepreneurial environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA or New York, NY, and begins Summer 2020.
Roles & Responsibilities Involved in Portfolio Strategy Activities Include
- Surveying trading desks for indicative yield levels
- Preparing regular and ad hoc analysis of portfolio analytics, including data management
- Assisting in development of model portfolios for new and existing clients, “deep-dive” portfolio restructuring analysis
- Assisting in creation of new analytical models needed to develop bespoke solutions for clients
- Supporting client service, marketing and business development efforts as needed, such as contributing to marketing or finals presentations, participating in consultant reviews and client meetings, explaining portfolio positioning, risk/return analysis and other aspects of portfolio construction strategy, etc.
- Performing technical research and presenting findings on regulatory developments (for example, SEC rules, RBC rules, DOL/ERISA), financial markets, and related analytics relevant to portfolio investment strategy
- Interface across departments to resolve issues
- Develop knowledge of financial markets, research and prepare analytical analysis of fixed income sectors and related analytics
Skills & Experience Required
- Expected undergraduate graduation date of December 2019 - June 2020
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to succeed with limited supervision
- Record of success as part of a team or group effort
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Understanding of accounting via basic coursework or experience.
- Strong technical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Programming experience a plus
- Must successfully pass a background check
- Limited travel may be required
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $265 billion in assets under management*. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,400 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
*Assets under management are as of 03.31.2019 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion.
Upon application, you will be instructed to create an account. Within this account you can view your candidate status and previously applied jobs as well as apply to new jobs. If you experience difficulties logging into your account please check the below:
- Do you have an existing account with the same email ID? In this case, please select “forgot password”.
- Clear your computer’s cache\cookies.
If none of the above are successful, please email WorkdayRecruiting@GuggenheimPartners.com for Technical Assistance only.
Please note: We are unable to respond to any non-technical inquiries sent to this email.