GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Private Placement and Alternatives Analyst
at GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
About the Position
Guggenheim Investments is seeking an analyst with exposure to fundamental corporate credit analysis or private equity and hedge fund due diligence. The position will support the Firm’s efforts in sourcing, diligencing, analyzing, structuring and transacting in primary and secondary investment grade corporate private placements and alternative investments such as private equity, distressed and opportunistic credit, hedge funds and other non-correlated third-party managed funds. Duties also include monitoring and reviewing existing exposures; recommending trades and investments to portfolio managers and investment committee.
This position will be located in Santa Monica.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist in the review of new issue corporate private placement transactions utilizing fundamental credit analysis and relative value analysis; the analyst is expected to develop an understanding of covenants and transaction structure over time
- Provide support in secondary trade execution, portfolio manager pricing requests, secondary market liquidity intelligence and the analysis of amendments and waivers
- Maintain, expand and automate comparable transaction database
- Work closely with senior team members to thoroughly diligence and understand new private equity and alternative investment opportunities; draft internal briefing memoranda and detailed investment committee presentations
- Support the building and maintenance of strong business relationships with the various investment banks and brokerage firms including all sales, trading and syndicate functions
- Work with credit research analysts, investment committee and portfolio managers to monitor and manage relevant sector credit positions within all portfolios
- Develop automated and dynamic reporting solutions utilizing MS Excel and programming skills
- Manage investment files which includes performance narratives, updated cash flows and return analytics for existing alternative investments
Skills & Experience Required
- Recent undergraduates with finance and accounting degrees as well as individuals with one year of experience at a buy-side or sell-side investment firm
- Strong preference for CFA or CFA candidate
- Solid understanding of fixed income or alternatives products
- Exceptional MS Excel skill is a must
- Formal credit training, experience with capital markets and fund due diligence and performance evaluation is preferred
- High level of curiosity
- Strong math and problem-solving skills with the ability to take initiative
- Organized, detail oriented, and extremely thorough
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $265 billion in assets under management*. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,400 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
*Assets under management are as of 03.31.2019 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion.
Upon application, you will be instructed to create an account. Within this account you can view your candidate status and previously applied jobs as well as apply to new jobs. If you experience difficulties logging into your account please check the below:
- Do you have an existing account with the same email ID? In this case, please select “forgot password”.
- Clear your computer’s cache\cookies.
If none of the above are successful, please email WorkdayRecruiting@GuggenheimPartners.com for Technical Assistance only.
Please note: We are unable to respond to any non-technical inquiries sent to this email.