Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Stormwater Compliance Practitioner
at Geosyntec Consultants
Looking for a place to build your career where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Do you have experience in stormwater compliance or management? Geosyntec could be the place for you! As a scientist or engineer in the stormwater practice of our Long Beach, California office, you will apply your unique knowledge to real-world situations while also learning or enhancing the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the Stormwater Compliance Practitioner position include but are not limited to:
- Stormwater compliance services such as National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting, site evaluation and reporting, and staff training;
- Preparation, interpretation, and implementation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) for construction site and industrial facilities;
- Fieldwork such as dry weather inspections and storm event monitoring and sampling at construction sites and industrial facilities;
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures; and
- Preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture, as you kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know about a typical Stormwater Compliance Practitioner position with Geosyntec.
- Training: This position requires completion of 40 hours of OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Up to 70%
- Overnight travel: Up to 10%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in environmental science, natural resources, or environmental or civil engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental science, natural resources, or environmental or civil engineering. (preferred)
- At least one year of experience in stormwater compliance and environmental services. (required)
- Understanding of California stormwater regulations including MS4, Construction, and Industrial General Permits. (preferred
- Experience with preparation, interpretation, and implementation of Exceedance Response Action (ERA) Plans for industrial sites. (preferred)
- Certified Erosion, Sediment, and Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI), Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP), and/or Qualified Industrial Stormwater Practitioner (QISP) certification. (preferred)
- Strong technical writing skills for various deliverables including work plans and reports. (required)
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat. (required)
- The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel. (required)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: STORM02122