Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer
at Geosyntec Consultants
Looking for a place to start your career? A place where you can work with industry-recognized professionals who are solving challenging geotechnical and environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As an entry-level geotechnical engineer in Huntington Beach, California, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world civil, geotechnical and environmental engineering projects while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. The ideal candidate will have a background in geotechnical engineering with experience in construction, surveying, materials testing, and/or construction quality assurance.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for our technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Some of the key responsibilities for the entry-level geotechnical engineer position include:
- Geotechnical engineering analyses such as slope stability, settlement, bearing capacity, and seepage;
- Geotechnical and environmental site characterization;
- Civil design and site layout;
- Development and management of instrumentation monitoring systems;
- Preparation of engineering design calculations, drawings, reports, and specifications;
- Fieldwork associated with design and construction services; and
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture, as you kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know about a typical entry-level geotechnical engineer position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 50%
- Overnight travel: varies based on assignments
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement at Geosyntec is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- B.S. degree in civil or environmental engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree with emphasis on geotechnical engineering (M.S. or Ph.D.) (preferred)
- Up to 3 years of equivalent experience. (required)
- Knowledge of geotechnical engineering software (e.g., gINT, SLIDE, TEMP/w, PLAXIS, etc.) and/or numerical methods using spreadsheets. (preferred)
- Understanding of geosynthetic material types and their applications. (preferred)
- Prior research or internship experience in environmental consulting. (preferred)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification. (preferred)
- Ability to obtain California P.E. registration within 4 to 5 years of employment. (required)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: ENTRY01734