Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Server Part-Time
at Fullerton Marriott at California State University
JOB TITLE: Banquet Server, On Call
REPORTS TO: F&B Manager
BASIC PURPOSE: Set-up, service and break down assigned functions in a safe, accident-free manner.
1. Read BEO and know how to complete a set-up. (3%)
2. Set tables in assigned area correctly and uniformly. (15%)
3. Keep station neat and clean while servicing guest per established policies and procedures. (5%)
4. Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break-down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment. (5%)
5. Assist Banquet Captain in setting up/breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment. (5%)
6. Greet and serve guests following guidelines set by the policies/procedures regarding the service of food and beverage. (50%)
7. Follow all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a-la-carte and beverage orders. (2%)
8. Complete assigned sidework. (5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (5%)
1. Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
2. Know and use "Suggestive Selling" techniques.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school or equivalent
Experience: Two years hotel banquet food/beverage service
Skills and Abilities: Able to read and speak English
Able to lift, push, carry 20 - 40 lbs.
No. of employees supervised: Zero
Travel required: None
Hours Required: On call; scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
Physical Job Requirements
(for essential functions only)
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling/Carrying Describe the type(s) of required lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying to include objects, weights and frequency.
Lifting 20 - 40 lbs. (trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc.)
Pushing 50 - 100 lbs. (carts, queen marys, hot box, portable bar)
Carry 20 4- lbs. (trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc.)
Bending/Kneeling Describe the type(s) of required bending and/or kneeling to include when, why and how often.
Ability to bend to lower level cabinets and banquet storage room Bend to lift trays
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.