FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Corporate Security - Retail Security Operations
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Corporate Services - Facilities
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
Corporate Security - Retail Security Operations
Corporate Security is responsible for managing an integrated security function across the enterprise to include the company’s commercial banking segment, commercial financing, real estate financing, equipment financing, factoring and railcar financing as well as CIT’s consumer banking segments; national online bank, CIT Bank, and a National branch Bank network, OneWest Bank.
This position is responsible for managing daily operational, and strategy mandates to build out a best-in-class security program aimed at mitigating risk, ensuring continuity of operations and safeguarding the Bank’s assets, reputation and brand. In addition to maintaining regular updates on trends and advances in physical security, together with the Head of Corporate Security, and bank executive and internal stakeholders, this senior level Corporate Security Leader will undertake a significant leadership role in the on-going process of integrating and embedding an appropriate security risk consciousness into the corporate culture. While specific oversight will be for retail security operations and west coast corporate facilities, the incumbent will serve a member of the senior corporate security leadership team responsible for enterprise security operations for the enterprise.
- Directs and develops security roadmaps and strategies to effectively manage risk, respond to incidents, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the organization, its employees and customers.
- Assesses and manages the development and implementation of physical security policies to ensure they are in compliance with applicable regulations, best practice standards, and the strategic imperatives of the Bank.
- Responsible for the security of the Bank’s operations, and retail offices as well as bank branches across the enterprise, ensuring a safe working environment for employees.
- Ensures strong collaboration for the achievement of organizational goals including but not limited to maintaining relationships with Internal Audit, Senior Management, Bank’s Risk Management, IT/Cyber, Facilities, HR and related law enforcement and government agencies.
- Represents corporate security interests of the corporation including external industry, government and interagency entities.
- Oversees a comprehensive self-inspection and security performance measurement program.
- Manages staff, including performance reviews, time and attendance, workflow management and employee relations. Works with employees to identify professional development/growth opportunity to strengthen talent.
- Working with the Head of Corporate Security, develops, implements and monitors strategic, comprehensive security programs to ensure appropriate levels of security, safety, privacy and recovery of company assets, including in-scope investigations/work place violence, threats, physical security management, travel and people security, and physical security technology systems.
- Oversees executive protection and special event activities. Provides security information as needed for domestic and foreign geographies using advanced intelligence resources.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of bank robbery prevention training programs.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and be known as a critical thinker: Conceptual, analytical and strategic skills.
- Able to analyze business strategies and develop/enhance processes to support business initiatives.
- Be credible and have a strong reputation for honesty and integrity; energetic, proactive and imaginative.
- Demonstrate professionalism, work under pressure and keep composure.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have cyber security awareness to protect the digital environment, the Bank, and customers
- Able to interface effectively with members of the executive team.
- Generates, supports, and remains open-minded to new ideas and insights.
- A team player, striving for excellence, open to continuous improvement, yet receptive to criticism.
- Must be involved in the community through volunteerism and/or board work.
- Possess strong security technology knowledge and experience (CCTV, Access Control, GSOC technology, robbery prevention technology, Incident Management and other applicable technology).
- Experience developing and implementing bank robbery prevention & security awareness training programs to include opening/closing procedures, etc).
- Ability to Travel ~35-45%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree or equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position, or 10 years of experience of increasing responsibility within security, and/or law enforcement/intelligence field, including 5 years of experience in a leadership role for a comparably sized or larger organization in private sector corporate security or a related public sector organization, with preference given to those in the banking /financial services sector.
- 10 years management experience required in Security.
- ASIS International CPP or similar industry certification preferred.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
Strategic Thinking: Must be well aligned with company’s strategic goals and objectives.
Detailed Oriented: Excellent ability to multi-task addressing critical daily issues as well as keeping focus on strategic tasks.
Process Oriented: Ability to efficiently identify root cause to establish repeatable/sustainable processes.
Dedication to Excellence: Strong professionalism, integrity and team collaboration.
Customer Focus: with a passion for protecting Bank customers and employees. Must also have the attitude to drive the team to satisfy internal customers and partners by improving the predictability and responsiveness of the security process, seeking formal and informal customer feedback, reacting to concerns with action plans.
Drives Innovation: Leverages technology to enable the business and create sustainable competitive differentiation; uses technology to create operating leverages and collaborations.
Should be well-versed with best-in-class and emerging technologies.
Teamwork and Collaboration: Willing and able to establish, build, sustain and share strong, professional relationships with relevant groups both inside and outside his/her business.
Business Acumen: This person will possess strong business drivers and perspectives combined with broad management and commercial skills, and an ability to bring a strategic focus to the function and be capable of adding value to the business.