FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Consumer Data and Analytics
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Finance - Fin Planning and Analysis
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The Vice President, Consumer Data and Analytics position will facilitate and execute on incorporating Business Intelligence and Data Science to drive customer insights and impactful business decisions. A successful candidate will be able to work closely with multiple areas of Consumer Bank leadership to drive acquisition, retention, cross sell, and customer analytics and profitability. Short and long term projects include assisting with the development and execution of cross-functional strategic plans to drive customer insights and make data-driven business impacts. The position will also be key in providing analytical and presentation support to the Consumer Bank executive team. Additional oversight on data management and governance will also be key to the role, as the position will work with multiple business areas and multiple data sources.
- Providing strategic business recommendations through identification of trends, competitive analyses and interpretation of results
- Modeling business proposals and conducting scenario analyses to determine predictive business outcomes
- Coordinating, monitoring, and executing on the production of regular reports (using various financial, operational, and marketing data from multiple sources)
- Development of presentations for senior management, including presentations for the Board, Consumer Bank, executive management, and regulatory agencies.
- Assisting with management of data quality and high levels of data governance in conjunction with the Consumer Data Team, Banking Operations, and other partners
- Recommending solutions to business data gathering and reporting problems through workflow improvement efforts and root-cause analyses
- Acting as liaison between business partners and systems personnel to develop or enhance reporting methods, leveraging data visualization investments
- Project management of defined analytical projects, as well as segments of larger cross-functional projects
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Statistics, Business, or related analytical field
- 7+ years of experience in a field with heavy usage of data
- Banking deposit experience required
- Experience working with customer-level data, transactional information, and marketing/campaign metrics
- Experience leveraging Data Visualization tools to develop reports that display business metrics and progress on initiatives
- Expert level predictive analytical skills and modeling capabilities, with a laser focus on details when needed
- Ability to pursue creative solutions to business problems, while leveraging data to drive recommendations
- Model strong work ethic, self-motivation and initiative, flexibility, and accountability
- Agile mindset with a focus on process improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills
- Possess leadership experience with teams and/or projects through direct manager or project management experience
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, high performing, fast-paced, team work environment
- Expert computer skills, including data mining and reporting and presentation tools (Excel, SQL, Tableau, PowerPoint, Python)