FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Lending Specialist - Field Loan Officer
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Residential Mortgage - Branch Services
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
We’re looking for highly motivated, hard-working, goal-oriented loan officers to join our growing CRA/LMI Mortgage team and family.
You’ll get to work with a management team that has been in the business for 30+ years and is totally dedicated to helping you build relationships in the real estate community and doing everything possible to help you exceed your goals and expectations.
If you share our passion for making a difference in people’s lives by helping them achieve the dream of home ownership, we would love to meet you.
The Mortgage Lending Specialist (MLS) will be responsible for sourcing and originating compliant conforming and jumbo residential mortgage loans with special emphasis on CRA/LMI markets.
- Ensures an efficient and compliant mortgage origination process from application to funding by working directly with internal and external groups
- Proactively manage individual mortgage pipelines to ensure contingency dates and turn time standards are achieved
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information
- Practices exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of OneWest’s lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to the Home -Mortgage Disclosure Act requirements
- The MLS may be asked to participate on trade shows, hosted events, community events with the goal of generating mortgage referrals and applications
- Solicits mortgages from external sources such as Realtors, accountants, lawyers, business managers, open houses and trade shows
- 2+ years in the mortgage lending industry
- Experience as a producing loan officer with a proven record of funding 5 loans per month
- Bachelor's Degree preferred / High School Diploma required