FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Closing Officer - Commercial Real Estate
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Originations Support - Contracts Administration
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
- Manages the post-approval stage closing processes for new deals and portfolio management for commercial realestate credit actions (amendments & increases).
- Satisfies new client on-boarding compliance requirements, e-file set up & population; pre-funding activities and pre-disbursement funding requirements.
- As an extension of the Underwriting & Portfolio Management group, interacts closely with an assigned Business Unit’s deal team members (underwriters, analysts, originators, and portfolio managers), as well as other internal departments (Legal, Credit, Operations, Customer On-Boarding, and external parties (outside counsel, other banks, and in some cases the customer).
- Lead the closing process for commercial loan products, including documentation gathering, submission of necessary paperwork, and due diligence work.
- Understands the expectations of the customer and uses discretion to take the appropriate action to support the customer experience
- Ensures that new loans and renewals are closed in compliance with the Bank’s loan policy,
- Commercial Finance Credit Procedures, and in compliance with any other requirements designated by the credit approval.
- Work with the Relationship Manager/Originator and Underwriter to gain an understanding of and interpret the key structural issues of loan transactions.
- Manage the pre-closing requirements process with internal and external clients (Underwriter, Relationship Manager, Syndication Desk, Borrowers, Lenders)
- Review title commitments and surveys to ensure that they do not contain any exceptions that are unacceptable to the Bank and escalate any discrepancies when necessary
- Remain current on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting compliance.
- Monitor and clear loan exceptions.
- Bachelor’s degree, or military experience; or equivalent combination of education and commercial real estate closing/documentation work experience.
- Strong familiarity with and ability to interpret complex commercial Loan and/or Legal Documentation
- Familiarity with LoanIQ and/or Stucky Loan Accounting Systems
- Comfortable working in a team environment and supporting associates in remote locations (e.g. Chicago or Dallas).
- Strong problem-solving skills with sound logic
- Assertive, proactive, and results-focused (gets the job done, not just the tasks)
- Ability to complete tasks in consistent and timely manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, and comfortable interacting with various personalities
- Familiarity with Intralinks, SyndTrack or other similar applications
- Articulate and focus within direct sphere of influence and when interacting with outside teams.
- Plans and balances workload
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Proactively identifies issues/opportunities and proceeds appropriately
- Develops and provides guidance to others in team by sharing knowledge and training, including helping to cross-train junior colleagues
- Can work in an ambiguous environment and handle frequent changes
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- Minimum 5 years of commercial banking experience in a large-ticket, loan closing, loan administration, or loan operations function.
- Experience as Documentation Specialist, or Paralegal a plus.