Fairplex (Los Angeles County Fair Association)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Cook - CDC
at Fairplex (Los Angeles County Fair Association)
Fairplex CDC Mission Statement:
Our Staff and Leaders are dedicated to providing the highest quality, safe and nurturing educational environment where diverse children, families and adults come together to learn and grow. We cherish children, support families, build community among diversity and pursue excellence in early education.
The cook insures that our children's nutritional needs are met daily, meeting the guidelines from the California Department of Education, Nutrition Services Division, Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). The individual will report directly to the Office Supervisor, and will work in collaboration with other staff and classroom teachers.
- Education: Must be at least a high school graduate (or completed a GED). Some formal training in computer applications and food service is a must. Must hold a current Los Angeles County Certified Food Worker Permit. Prefer the candidate to have adult level coursework in food preparation and/or nutrition.
- Required Experience: At least one year of experience working in food preparation or nutritional related work.
- Required Skills/Knowledge: Must be able to plan meals with nutritional considerations to meet the CDE, Food Program guidelines and to meet nutritional and culinary appealing standards. Must demonstrate a working knowledge of computer software such as database systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and a willingness and ability to learn additional applications as necessary for the position.
- Meet nutrition standards and guidelines
- Assist with the overall operation of the nutrition program, meeting deadlines for all meals
- Assist in maintaining the kitchen and all equipment in a clean and safe condition, meeting health and safety program requirements
- Must be able to answer phones and respond verbally
- Must be able to record material and food counts, as required by the food program
- Must be able to travel from the Child Development Center to the Administration offices and other locations on the fairgrounds, without the use of a vehicle