Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Manager - Spatial Analytics & Data Science
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Product Management
- Job ID
Shape the future of spatial data science as part of a team working to pioneer technology in big data, machine learning, and AI. As a product manager, you will contribute to the cohesion and vision of analytics and data science for all Esri product lines.
Leverage your discerning mindset to separate data science market trends from science fiction and media hype. Your passion for problem solving and working with technical teams along with your ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment will allow you to succeed in this environment.
- Coordinate with internal teams such as sales, software development, market research, and marketing to maintain product vision, strategy, and roadmap and ensure that features/functionalities match expectations of our users
- Develop deep knowledge of data science, artificial intelligence, machine/deep learning, and big data by interviewing prospective and existing customers to determine market needs for product direction
- Collaborate with product marketing for the go-to-market strategy and other initiatives, (i.e. customer success stories), helping them understand product positioning, key benefits, and target customers
- Develop and document user personas, user scenarios, user cases, detailed product requirements, and whitepapers to help internal teams understand what we are doing in this space
- Define, track, and analyze key product usage, adoption, and performance metrics to provide strategic recommendations
- Recommend and develop third-party data and software relationships to support market and product needs and work with contracts and legal team to establish agreements
- Support trade shows such as the Esri Partner Conference, Esri Developer Summit, and the Esri User Conference
- 3+ years working as a product manager, technical consultant, product owner, or similar capacity
- Experience with data science, business intelligence, analytics, or data-driven workflows
- Demonstrated experience creating and delivering compelling presentations to technical and non-technical audiences at varying levels of responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated, creative, and team-oriented
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 15%
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field, depending on position level
- Experience with GIS
- Familiarity with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.