Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Engineer - Test Automation
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- ArcGIS Product Engineering
- Job ID
Are you eager to use your problem-solving abilities and passion for software quality to fulfill the quality requirements of the Esri user community? Join the team responsible for designing and implementing test automation and reporting to advocate for quality in Esri products, which enables our mission to create the best technology for our users to make a difference in the world.
As a test automation engineer, you will be at the heart of Esri’s automation process, developing test automation for our product teams. You will have the opportunity to automate current processes, expand testing to web and mobile platforms, and bring in new ideas for performance testing. Your expertise will be valued in Esri's culture of fast-paced innovation.
- Design and develop automation tests for various platforms such as desktop, server, web, and native mobile apps
- Design and develop performance and load automation testing for desktop and server environments
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop product test strategies
- Assist in assessing product quality and release readiness
- Deploy and schedule automation tests to run as needed
- Report results that communicate status in an easy to understand manner
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- Experience developing automation tests using tools such as TestComplete, Coded UI, Sikuli, JMeter, Protractor
- Experience developing web and native mobile automation tests (iOS and Android) using Selenium WebDriver and Appium
- Experience using IDE such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Experience with continuous integration and version control tools such as Jenkins, TFS, Git
- Expertise in one or more of the following programming languages: C#, Java, Python
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
- Self-motivated and have an interest in continuous learning
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with software build processes
- Experience developing automation test framework to run tests on multiple browsers locally or on device cloud (CrossBrowserTesting)
- Knowledge of software localization, internationalization, and accessibility (Section 508) will be an added advantage
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.