Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Didi Hirsch
Scope of Position
The Receptionist is responsible for providing general office and clerical support to a program/department, by receiving visitors and members, determining nature of their visit and notifying appropriate staff. Other responsibilities included answering and transferring telephone calls; representing the Agency to callers, members and visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
- Provides reception services, greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, signs-in visitors and directs visitors to appropriate person, issues visitor’s identification when required.
- Operates telephone console to receive incoming calls; provides information to caller or routes caller to appropriate staff; places outgoing phone calls as needed.
- Records accurate phone messages including name, time of call, nature of business and person called upon.
- Checks Agency/program voice mail throughout the day and answers or directs messages to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures adequate coverage of the receptionist desk throughout the business day.
- Maintains general reception area and work area in a clean and professional business manner.
- Performs clerical duties which include routine typing, filing, copying, faxing, completing and submitting Agency forms, data entry and distributing Agency communications.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail including internal office mail, external mail, overnight services, delivery services and registered mail. Assures adequate funding on postage meter at all times
- Creates, maintains and updates program/department files
- Assists in the maintenance of office equipment including computers, telephone systems, copiers, fax machines and other types of office equipment; calls for service when necessary.
- Maintains conference room schedule and sets up/prepares as needed.
- Gathers and organizes data and prepares documents and reports for review as directed.Assists in the ordering and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists in assuring all safety and health standards are followed and responds to safety issues within the facility in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains administrative and clerical skills through seminars, workshops or other forms of training/education.
- Attends and actively participates in all team and staff meetings.
- 5 years receptionist experience in a customer service environment
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in the area of mental health services
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and general office practices and procedures
- Demonstrated customer service skills with ability to provide prompt, friendly courteous service to callers, visitors, clients and staff
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Effective verbal communication skills - bi-lingual skills in Spanish/English preferred
- Effective work organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic math skills to calculate routine data.
- Support the values and mission of Didi Hirsch as related to employment.
- Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures.
- Present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
- Adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Mental Health experience required