Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Clinical Supervisor
at Didi Hirsch
Lead Clinical Supervisor
Scope of Position
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Lead Clinical Supervisor will manage the clinical integrity of the program and provide clinical supervision to unlicensed/licensed therapists and case management staff working in the Child and Family Division at Inglewood Center.
- Designated as the clinical lead, oversees clinical efficiency and fidelity to the model(s) of an evidenced based practice(s) (EBP); provides case assignment and tracks client progress in the EBP.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision weekly for up to 8 employees.
- Guides staff and interns in the development of their work plans, their assigned duties, responsibilities and scope of authority; consults with staff on problems relative to clients.
- Ensures client documentation is accurate and submitted within the established time frame.
- Develops and implements clinical trainings and support of EBP practice for their site.
- Performs managerial duties to include assigning and reviewing progress of assignments, conducting performance appraisals, and developing higher levels of expertise in staff members by encouraging further education, participation in seminars and providing learning opportunities within the program mental health and/or substance use services.
- Identifies staff training needs and ensures development and implementation of programs that address needs, participates in delivering training sessions to meet the needs of staff related to clinical/program needs.
- Partners with Outcomes Assistants to ensure that client outcomes are completed as required.
- Monitors and measures client progress against treatment plans and stated goals as it applies to mental health documentation.
- Works closely with QA department to support documentation compliance and takes the lead in all clinical documentation internal audits.
- Monitors the flow of cases on supervisees’ case loads to ensure that a balanced approach to intakes and discharges occur.
- Forms a highly effective clinical team to accomplish the program’s short and long term goals.
- Attends, participates, leads and/or facilitates routinely scheduled meetings as requested or required for the program, division or Agency.
- May participate as lead clinician in 5150 client holds.
- Interfaces with related community agencies, attends Department of Mental Health meetings as scheduled and/or needed.
- Licensure as a LCSW, LMFT, Psy.D. or Ph.D. for a minimum of 2 years.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience working with individuals with a history of mental illness in a social service/mental health environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Evidence Based Practices and/or the Recovery Model of treatment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience providing clinical supervision and monitoring performance within a mental health setting.
- Completed supervision course that meets BBS or BOP standards.
- LPS designated by the county.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management skills; experienced in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Manage employee performance consistent with defined Didi Hirsch processes.
- Working knowledge of mental health services coordination and management.
- Working knowledge of Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, DMH, DHMS, Department of Social Services, and other state, federal regulations relating to mental health services.
- Current knowledge to coordinate treatment planning and case management for assigned clients.
- The skill to present ideas, information and viewpoints clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Personal computer skills including word processing, electronic health record, spreadsheets and other related software.
- Ability to utilize analysis, experience, and judgment to make decisions.
- Commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Availability and willingness to work some evenings.
- Current CA license and a driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance.