Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emission and OBD Compliance Testing Engineer
at Daimler AG
Embeddedin a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North Americacontinuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotiveresearch and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley,California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design,Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and OpenInnovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrivetechnology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of thelatest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattlefocusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platformfor the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and RegulatoryAffairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbadcomplete the competence center.
The Engineer Emission and OBD Compliance is part of a cross-functional team that supports fuel consumption, emissions and OBD certification and compliance testing for the US market.
In this position, you will (1) conduct testing on soon-to-be released vehicles to support regulation conformity, (2) conduct on-cycle, off-cycle and on-road emission testing and evaluate regulation conformity, (3) analyze software change requests and evaluate the consequences in regards to the certification process (4) conduct CARB OBD production vehicle evaluation (PVE) on released vehicles to ensure regulation conformity.
• Conduct emissions testing with chassis emissions dynamometer and PEMS unitsand evaluate and quantify the results and data.
• Analyze data, summarize results, and prepare technical reports for internaldevelopment partners and external regulatory agencies.
• Plan and coordinate resources for testing (head count, vehicle, test cells,equipment).
• Generate detailed test plans and schedules with strong understanding ofrequirements and expected deliverables.
• Learn and conduct CARB OBD production vehicle evaluation (PVE) activities atMBRDNA in close coordination with our Daimler HQ certification department.
• Analyze software change requests and quantify the consequences in regards tothe certification process.
• Build effective working relationship with Daimler HQ certification and RDdepartments.
• Support collaboration within MBRDNA on common projects and objectives.
Minimum level ofeducation required and required field of study:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering or related field
Minimum skillsrequired :
• Ability to act and perform under every circumstances with personal integrity and represent the certification values
• Comprehensive knowledge of powertrain systems, including emissions control system functions and regulatory requirements
• Comprehensive knowledge of OBD system functions and regulatory requirements
• Experience with testing and data acquisition systems in the automotive field (INCA)
• Experience investigating issues firsthand with strong analysis and problem solving abilities
• Experience with use and programming of automated testing and data analysis tools
(ie. LabVIEW, Matlab, Simulink) and methods
• Experience with emissions test equipment (bench analyzers, PEMS, etc.)
• Detail-oriented mindset for planning and program management
• Ability to execute and develop detailed testing plans and schedules
• Ability to learn and understand different technical topics fast and to discuss it on a technical level
• Ability to clearly discuss and communicate complex technical topics in a diverse multicultural environment
• Desire to build effective working relationship
• Desire for continuous personal development and growth
Will acceptequivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
Minimum years of experiencerequired (Non-exempt positions only):
Combination ofDegree and Years of experience acceptable (minimum) :
Bachelors 3 yrs / Masters 1 yrs
Other licenses orcertifications required :
•German language skills a plus
•Experience in interacting with regulatory agencies such as CARB and EPA
•Powertrain development experience in the area of calibration with Boschcontrol units
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystemsaround cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a careven more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits includemedical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitnessreimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexibleenvironment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design yourfuture.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and stronglysupports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have avalid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicanttracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNAis not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicitedresumes.