Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Android Developer
at Daimler AG
Embeddedin a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North Americacontinuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotiveresearch and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley,California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design,Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and OpenInnovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrivetechnology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of thelatest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattlefocusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platformfor the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and RegulatoryAffairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbadcomplete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is aplace for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolutewillingness to bring them to life. With R&D facilities all over the U.S.,you will be surrounded by engineers, software developers, and designers pushingtechnology boundaries to shape the future wherever you are.
We are not just about cars: we are also about the latest and greatestsoftware, cutting-edge technology, and groundbreaking innovation.
Here at MBRDNA, you create a digital ecosystems around cars, you designa language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent -you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment toallow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
We are looking for a mobile application developer responsible for thedevelopment and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of Android devicesincluding mobile phones and wearables. Your primary focus will be developmentof mobile applications and their integration with back-end services. You willbe working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layersof the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problemsolving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products isessential.
• Design and buildapplications for the Android platform.
• Ensure readiness forpublication Google play store.
• Design, build, andmaintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
• Ensure the performance,quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Collaborate with a teamto define, design, and ship new features
• Identify and correctbottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain codequality, organization, and automatization
Minimum level ofeducation required and required field of study:
Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Minimum skillsrequired :
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
• Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Familiarity with continuous integration
• Familiarity with feature toggling tools like Launch Darkly, analytics tool like Google Firebase.
Will acceptequivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
Combination ofDegree and Years of experience acceptable (minimum) :
Bachelors 2 yrs
Why should youapply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystemsaround cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a careven more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits includemedical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitnessreimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexibleenvironment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design yourfuture.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and stronglysupports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have avalid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicanttracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNAis not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicitedresumes.