Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Stage 1 - Program Assistant II
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 29-Oct-2019 (PST)
- Stage 1
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a Program Assistant II who will check eligibility of CalWorks parents. In this key role, you will serve as CalWORKs customer service liaison by assisting walk in clients. You will also be responsible for ensuring that provider and parent documents are accurate. You will also maintain child care documents for clients, handle photocopying as needed and perform various other program duties as requested.
- Create and maintain new parent or provider files, including filing required documentation.
- Review and ensure proper documentation is provided.
- Prepares forms, notices and correspondence regarding missing documentations, etc.
- Enter client information on internal database
- Make follow-up phone calls to providers regarding terminated parents
- Set up appointments for new enrollments/re-certifications and/or follow up on rescheduled appointments and no-shows
- Send letters to parents of documentation needed for re-certification
- Maintain private agency waiting list by updating, editing and verifying info.
- Check for qualifying need, residence of families and child care needs within our service area
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- High school graduate or equivalent, some college preferred
- At least 2 years experience working with parents receiving subsidized child care or social support services preferred
- Experience with MS Excel and Word, preferred
- Requires excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle challenging customer calls or requests
- Requires considerable accuracy and ability to produce under tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed to complete required tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues/matters
- Ability to work variable days and hours and site locations as needed for special projects
- Excellent work ethic, including attendance and punctuality
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.