Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources - Employee Relations Specialist
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 17-Sep-2018 (PST)
- Human Resources
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Human Resources - Employee Relations Specialist
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking an Employee Relations Specialist provides support to all employees, supervisors and management regarding employee relations issues. The Employee Relations Specialist review, approve and monitor the execution of performance management and disciplinary processes and monitors the execution of performance improvement plans. The Employee Relations Specialist consistently assesses the Agency's culture and proactively recommends strategies to improve employee engagement to maintain positive and high performing work environments. The ideal candidate will also have the following responsibilities:
- Initial point of contact to all supervisors, employees and management regarding employee relations matters and issues.
- Counsels and advises managers on appropriate interventions to address employee relations issues (e.g., performance improvement process), track and monitor progress.
- Troubleshoots employee relations problems or complaints, proactively investigates problems or errors, and documents circumstances to see through to appropriate resolution
- Process and completes all voluntary and involuntary employee separations
- Confers with other HR staff members to discuss prevention strategies to mitigate against employee related issues.
- Conduct fact-finding investigation activities (e.g., interviews, document review, consultation with appropriate management staff) related to internal and external inquiries, complaints and concerns and prescribe appropriate remedies for resolution
- Assist with confidential investigations of employee complaints by researching and providing relevant information
- Confers with Human Resources Supervisor on all compliance issues, policy/procedure violations, disciplinary infractions, voluntary and involuntary terminations and/or below standard evaluations and other employee relations issues as needed for all employees who completed their introductory period
- Makes appropriate recommendations for corrective action that aligns with our policies, practices and culture
- Initiates, tracks and supports the annual performance appraisal process for the Agency.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Supports in the gathering of documentation for legal proceedings, arbitration, and hearings
- Prepare written materials including reports, memos, and correspondences; reviews material for accuracy and completeness; analyzes data and conducts research as needed
- Provides consultation and recommendations to staff and managers in the interpretation of policies and procedures, including conducting training/educational sessions to staff and managers
- Assists in the development and/or presentation of cultural diversity and inclusion training/education
- Provides back up support to the Training Specialist on all training and development initiatives
- Documents, tracks and monitors all employee relations issues to closure.
- Stays abreast of employment law updates as it relates to employee relations and labor law requirements, industry trends, and effective human resources practices.
- Consult with legal counsel as necessary on employee relations issues
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources Management, or a related field preferred; a combination of HR certification, education and work experience equivalent to the degree may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years experience in employee relations and conducting employee investigations required.
- Strong knowledge of employee relations issues and applicable employment law.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of all content areas of human resource and state and federal regulations (e.g. Wage and Hour laws, Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment regulations, CAL-OSHA, Workers' Compensation, American with Disabilities Act, FMLA, CFRA, etc.).
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and database skills. HRIS experience required.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills required, with the ability to deal with tact and diplomacy with all levels of the organization.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and handle changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to interact with diverse individuals, groups, and levels of the organization. Requires considerable accuracy and ability to produce under tight deadlines.
- Requires high degree of confidentiality and discretion. Must exercise good judgment and analytical skills in determining which matters require immediate attention.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.