Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fiscal - Fiscal Specialist (Accountant)
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 01-Aug-2018 (PST)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Improving the Lives of Families through
Child Care Services, Research, and Advocacy
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of activities or operations.
Fiscal Specialist (Accountant)
We are seeking a Fiscal Specialist that will be responsible for performing accounting and financial functions under the direction of the Accounting Manager. The Specialist will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely fiscal reporting in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and applicable federal, state and program regulations. The Fiscal Specialist prepares financial information for the agency's programs and departments, as well as has responsibilities with ensuring timely monthly and annual closing processes.
Your Passion at Work
- Perform routine accounting duties, including preparation of journal entries, review and research accounting transactions, and perform analysis and reconciliations of general ledger accounts for assigned areas
- May also assist in other areas of accounting, such as, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, and cash management as needed to meet department objectives
- Monitor contract/grant expenditures, revenue, and budget, reporting inconsistencies with the approved budget and modifying budgets when required
- Ensure all transactions for programs including accounts payable and general ledger entries are allowable in accordance with the funder's criteria and are recorded accurately, making adjustments as needed
- Prepare revenue and expense projections on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
The Skills You Possess
- Passionate about our cause with an incredible work ethic
- Strategic and Analytical
- Willingness to be trained and support others
- Proactive problem-solver
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited university OR extensive related work experience in accounting /financial analysis may be substituted
- Strong accounting background in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger; experience in a government funded non-profit environment a plus.
- One year of experience monitoring budgets; budgets for government funded contracts/grants, a plus
- Strong knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Must have strong computer skills with proficiencies in using computerized accounting systems and must have intermediate level of experience using MS Excel with the ability to import/export data and manipulate in Excel for reporting purposes
- Knowledge of fund accounting systems and the Federal Uniform Guidance, a plus
Total Package of Benefits
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Life and Pet Insurance
- 401k Matching Options
- Flex Spending
- Pre-paid Legal Services
- Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Training Days/Staff Development
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Robust Learning Management System offering the following continuing education units: PDC, HRCI, CEU, CPE, PDU, SHRM
Crystal Stairs is one of the largest private non-profit child development corporations in the State of California. We help families locate affordable and appropriate childcare through a variety of services, working with childcare providers, educators, advocates, and community members to positively impact the lives of more than 40,000 children each year.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org